X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipswich Town's new sponsor; Ed Sheeran

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
      Ipswich fans on here seem to be of the opinion that their football is bland, unadventurous, and frankly useless. So it does seem like a good fit.

Comment

Change shirts often end up incorporating the corporate colours of the sponsor, so that's going to be a pasty pink with bright orange trim for away games then.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Ipswich fans on here seem to be of the opinion that their football is bland, unadventurous, and frankly useless. So it does seem like a good fit.
          I think it's great. Sheeran is a really positive presence in the local community - often seen back at his old school, where his success is the source of some pride and inspiration to teenagers in this backwater, and supporting local pubs.

Much better than another gambling company.

Comment

Sticking with the same theme, maybe these guys can sponsor the franchise.

Comment

Leyton Orient home. Harry Kane is sponsoring their kit again and has given the space to charidee.

Comment

Leyton Orient should always have to wear their 1978 FA Cup semi final kit. Nothing else comes close to it.

Comment

It looks like a special Remembrance Day kit for a club who are sponsored by a men's fragrance.

Comment

I was thinking Poppy Appeal themed whisky but, yes, it's a terrible kit and "sponsor's" logo.

Kane should have just asked them to have NEVER EVEN DONE A WAR on the front of the shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                      Leyton Orient should always have to wear their 1978 FA Cup semi final kit. Nothing else comes close to it.
                      + 1

Comment

If I was a rich man (there's a song in there somewhere) I'd like to be the club shirt sponsor and just leave a blank space where the ad/logo thing goes. Regardless of the club, the shirt always looks better without one.

Comment

Especially if the manufacturer has put their logo and the club badge somewhere up near the collar bone to leave space for a big advert (I'm looking at you Kappa, but most of the others do it too).

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
                            If I was a rich man (there's a song in there somewhere) I'd like to be the club shirt sponsor and just leave a blank space where the ad/logo thing goes. Regardless of the club, the shirt always looks better without one.
                            It's a constant internecine argument between Ray and myself (Christmas Day truce notwithstanding) about whether shirts look better with or without sponsor logos. My little bit of resistance is that I have convinced the supporters society to enter the sponsors draw. However, it backfired when they said that, should we win, we give it over to charity.

Comment

Kits without sponsors look like they're from a teamwear catalogue awaiting your customisation.

Exhibit A from the 20-21 season

I'd happily see football follow cricket and the rugby codes by bringing them into the international game too.

(In the case of cricket the sponsor is replaced by the country's name in World Cups, presumably because the tournament will have official partners.)
                              Last edited by Kevin S; 08-05-2021, 20:11.

Comment

I'd ban shirt sponsorship if I was king.

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
                                  Except Barca. Just to prove they are not more than a club, unless the "more" is a government sponsored entity.

Comment

Ajax go double blue for their next season change

Comment

Nice that, even though it looks like a Gremio shirt that's run in the wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                        Moi Aussi. The corporate corruption of English football didn't begin in 1993, it began the previous decade when advertising on shirts was permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post

I think it's great. Sheeran is a really positive presence in the local community - often seen back at his old school, where his success is the source of some pride and inspiration to teenagers in this backwater, and supporting local pubs.

Much better than another gambling company.
                                          Mind you, with all his money you'd think he could get his hair sorted out. It looks horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                            The corporate corruption of English football didn't begin in 1993, it began the previous decade when advertising on shirts was permitted.
                                            Close, but it was the similarly timed decision to allow big clubs to keep their revenue and not share it that started the rot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                              I'd be rather more concerned about the sweeping constitutional changes this implies than I am irritated by shirt sponsors

Comment

Milan go for varied stripes and multiple sponsors (women's team with their own)

https://twitter.com/soccer_laduma/status/1392032884383440896
                                                Last edited by ursus arctos; 11-05-2021, 08:57.

Comment

Given that it's still red and black stripes, it's amazing how little that looks like a Milan shirt.

Comment

The red/black balance is all off and what's with those side panels? Didn't know we were already due a 2000s revival.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X