Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye Jose (Again)

Sacked, innit

Interesting timing, to say the least. New manager bounce for League Cup Final* maybe, or players making it clear they've had enough (perhaps Kane hinting he's ready to walk?).

*EDIT: I assume 4th place EPL has gone, although technically 6 wins would put them on 68 points (but they won't win 6 on the bounce - no Kane for starters)
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 19-04-2021, 09:41.

Comment

Or maybe he was about to voice opposition to the big new project?

Comment

I'd be surprised if any of the 12 (or 15 or 20) would employ him at this point. He's dropping gradually to Newcastle level.

Comment

There are suggestions he refused to take training in protest

No points for guessing the source of those suggestions

Comment

Spurs's need for a substantial inflow of funds suddenly becomes clear.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Purple_Cow View Post
              Or maybe he was about to voice opposition to the big new project?
              Rumour has it that it was indeed this: JM apparently refused to take training because of his opposition to the superleague. Levy therefore sacked him for breach of contract.

Not sure I'm buying it, though - all that would have had to have happened extremely quickly, apart from anything else.

The decision to sack the manager in the week of a cup final pretty much confirms where the real problems lie at Spurs, however.

Comment

Who receives the Materazzi cuddle this time? I think it's safe to say it won't be Danny Rose.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                  I'd be surprised if any of the 12 (or 15 or 20) would employ him at this point. He's dropping gradually to Newcastle level.

"That Leeds" if Bielsa is lured away.

Comment

Wash your mouth out with soap young man.

Comment

There's a trend of him going to clubs with a recent reputation for expansive football (even recklessly attacking football) and turning them into turgid counter-attackers with initial success but gradually diminishing returns, so Leeds would fit that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post

Rumour has it that it was indeed this: JM apparently refused to take training because of his opposition to the superleague. Levy therefore sacked him for breach of contract.

Not sure I'm buying it, though - all that would have had to have happened extremely quickly, apart from anything else.
                        Seems to have come from a spoof account.

Comment

Not exactly news that the League Cup now means squat, but anyway, Jose would have been the most successful manager in its history if Spurs won it.

Comment

When you've not won anything since 2008, then it means a bit more than 'squat'.

Not that we have a hope in hell of doing so anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                              players making it clear they've had enough (perhaps Kane hinting he's ready to walk?)
                              Weren't the rumours that Kane was still pro-Mourinho, even with the inconsistency and turgid style of play?

Comment

Oh, I'm sure it means plenty to the supporters, especially against the (former) quadruple-hunters. But it's unlikely the board were giving priority to the new manager bounce to deliver a trophy.

Comment

Suggestions are that Ryan Mason is to take temporary charge - at 29, surely he would be the youngest "manager" to lead out a team at Wembley?

Comment

Bayern Munich need a new manager.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                      Suggestions are that Ryan Mason is to take temporary charge - at 29, surely he would be the youngest "manager" to lead out a team at Wembley?
                                      Didn't Denis Wise's baby once lead Chelsea out at one? Or was that just the trophy lifting?

Comment

So what was the point of the Mourinho thing then? The only reason Spurs fans were putting up with the crap football and the general nonsense was to win something wasn't it? Then you bin him a week from the final. Bizarro world.

Comment

The thinking must be they have a slightly better chance winning without him, however slim it still is.

There is also a theory that they announced this today to obscure criticism and mockery of their "super league" membership, though I'm not sure how compelling I find that suggestion.

Comment

Well, he's a better pundit than coach now anyway, so I've heard. He can go into international management and only work a few weekends a year. USMNT calling?

But the fact that 'if' he got fired because he was against the superleague and that might make me have some level of respect for him. Thanks, I hate it.

Comment

They'd have stuck with him if he'd delivered qualification for the Champions League, but the League Cup only gets you into the Conference League, where they'd presumably field their kids until the QF stage (although we now know their thoughts were really on the SL the following year).
                                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 19-04-2021, 13:16.

Comment

The idea that jose mourinho would be against the creation of a european super league is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Jose is a grifter, whose toxic narcissism is ruining his ability to run his grift, which is to convince the stupid people who run huge super clubs, and who don't really understand anything about football, that he is the sort of big name they need to manage their club. The ESL would enable him to become the Steve Bruce of the ESL and extend his career by another decade. This way he's basically finished. Surely there is no-one stupid enough to appoint him, given that the same thing happens at every club, but it seems to be happening faster and faster with every consecutive club.

I'm just glad for Paul Pogba that he managed to put the boot into mourinho while he was still an active manager. It was deftly done, and left a full set of studmarks on Jose, and by pointing out that most of what mourinho does is to distract from poor results, left jose with no comeback.

Spurs fans must be delighted that this dark chapter in the club's history is over. Jose getting sacked from your club is like having a massive hangover shite. It nearly kills you to do it, but you've dumped literally a kilo of pure toxin into the bowl, and the process of recovery can now begin.

Comment

Harry Kane has issued his come and get me plea.

https://twitter.com/HKane/status/1384126605224648716
                                                  Last edited by lecorbusier; 19-04-2021, 13:41.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X