No announcement yet.

Gnat's chuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I started this thread less than a week ago, Poli Timisoara were top. They missed out.

here's the final top 11

And today;s results

Comment

The playoffy bit that happens now will be nothing like as exciting

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
        If I have anything like a Romanian club, it's Petrolul Ploeisti as I remember liking the name when they were in the Fairs Cup (I think) back in the 60s.
        The last team we played in European club competition, as it happens. And are ever likely to play.

Comment

Thought I could leave this thread for today, but now I'm seeing an alternative table in which Timisoara finished 6th

Comment

At one stage today, Targu Jiu were top of the table, but they ended up outside the top 6

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
              Thought I could leave this thread for today, but now I'm seeing an alternative table in which Timisoara finished 6th
              It's odd - Soccerway had Csik fifth, Timisoara 6th, Constanta 7th and Vitorul 8th, even though the Wikipedia clearly states that goal difference is the main decider, which pushes Poli down to 8th.

Comment

So, madly, it seems that actually head to head was the deciding factor (even though original FRF sources say GD). Of the 4 teams who finished on 32 points, that meant Csikszereda and Poli Timisoara qualify. Luckily, those two teams actually only had one home game each within the mini league of 4, so it doesn't end up being horribly unfair.

Comment

So, time to update this. The top 6 (mentioned above) ended up in a mini league, in which they kept their points total from the first part of the season but had the goals column reset to zero, and then played each other twice. With one game left here is where we are

So, Craiova and Rapid go up automatically (that's already decided). Rapid have come back from being bankrupt and relegated down to the fourth level, which is fairly impressive (the recovery, not the bankruptcy). The next two teams will enter a play off thingy with the 3rd and 4th bottom place teams from the first division. The remaining two just do nothing. Getting into this top 6 felt to me like being spared any danger of relegation, so I guess the season provided what I hope for, but obviously would have like to see them challenge. There is still a chance, and in the last game (tomorrow), Csikszereda are at home to Timisoara, bottom of this mini league, but still with something to play for (they beat Calarasi on head to head*) so if they won and Calarasi lost, I think they would go ahead of them. Calarasi are away to Craiova who are top but definitely have nothing to play for. So, that's where the excitement lies tomorrow. If Csikszereda win and Calarasi draw or lose then Csikszereda make it*

(*I think. The head to head rule is confusing anyway, but assuming it applies to this mini league only, then Calarasi lose to both of the teams below them on H2H. However, if they factor in the game on the first part of the season - and they seem to make things up as they go along - who the fuck knows)

Comment

Half time
                    Csikszereda 2 - 0 Poli Timisoara
                    U Craiova 0 - 0 Calarasi

At the moment Csikszereda may just be sneaking into the playoffs

Comment

Gah. Finished 2-2

Oh well. Always next season

Comment

Working...
                      X