It's Thursday night and the feeling's right - Europa League 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Thursday night and the feeling's right - Europa League 2021

Harry Maguire cost Man United eighty million quid, you know.
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 11-03-2021, 18:55.

How much did Alan McGregor cost Rangers? Whatever it was the save from the corner he made in the last minute today would be worth every penny. The bastard.

Comment

Now people are going to tell me it was a Bosman, aren't they? Well, whatever, it was a staggering save.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
        Now people are going to tell me it was a Bosman, aren't they? Well, whatever, it was a staggering save.
        It really was. The header couldn't have been better ; it was powerful, and it was directed downwards and close to the post. That McGregor got a hand to it was something, that he held onto it was just incredible.

I know Slavia won at Leicester after drawing at home, but I fear last night was their chance against this Rangers team.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
          McGregor cost Rangers nothing twice - first time round, he was a youth team product, second time round a Bosman after his Hull contract expired.

Comment

Orsic has just completed one of the best hat-tricks I have seen. 3-2 Zagreb on aggregate 112 minutes in.
            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 18-03-2021, 20:15.

Comment

Tottenham Spursing...

Comment

Taxi for Jose

Comment

He's still got a final to lose...

Comment

Amazing save but why didn't Kane score from there?

Spurs can still nick it on away goals, undeservedly

Comment

James should have laid it off there, instead of trying to buy the pen.

Comment

Tee hee hee...

Comment

My favourite game of the season. Fabulous result.

Comment

Stunning display from Dinamo especially in such extremely difficult circumstances for them.

Comment

Ibrox pitch is in bad shape by today's standards. Does a rugby team play on it?

Comment

At least Jose got 120 minutes into Harry Kane's legs.

Comment

Sissoko jogging back behind Orsic for the second and third goals like a fat, hungover Sunday league player was a disgrace.

The players must really fucking hate Jose.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                    Ibrox pitch is in bad shape by today's standards. Does a rugby team play on it?
                                    No, they're at Scotstoun these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      Sissoko jogging back behind Orsic for the second and third goals like a fat, hungover Sunday league player was a disgrace.

The players must really fucking hate Jose.
                                      After that, they may not have to put up with him for a lot longer.

Meanwhile, there’ll be the usual bunch of lame-assed excuses. It seems pretty apparent to me what the problems are at Spurs - and what they have been for some good while.

I actually feel something for Zagreb - a well-deserved, hard-earned win, with a mighty fine hat-trick from the boy.

Comment

Shocking defending by Milan for that goal. Pogba looks up for this and Milan are giving him acres of space.

How long can Man U keep Fernandez going on this twice a week grind? When do they rest him?
                                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 18-03-2021, 21:13.

Comment

"If I forget the last 10 minutes of extra time, where we did something to get a different result and to go through, in the 90 minutes and in the first half of extra time, there was one team that decided to leave everything on the pitch. They left everything there, sweat, energy, blood, at the end of the game they left even tears of happiness. Very humble, very committed, and I have to praise them. On the other side, my team - I repeat, my team, I am there - that didn’t look like it was playing an important match. And if for any one of them it’s not an important match, for me it is. And I believe that for every Tottenham fan at home, every match matters. Another attitude is needed.

To say that I feel sad is not enough, because what I feel goes much further than sadness. I just left Dinamo’s dressing room, where I went to praise the guys. I feel sorry that one team that is not my team won the game based on attitude. So I feel more than sad. That’s it. Football is not about players who think they have more quality than others. The basic of football is attitude, and they beat us on that.

Before the game I told the players the risks of a bad attitude. At half-time I told them the risk of playing the way they are playing. And it happened, because I believe the players only realised the game was at risk when they scored a second goal and it went to extra time."

Comment

But he keeps chucking on players who couldn't be arsed, like Bale.
                                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 18-03-2021, 21:24.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

What's going on at Rangers? 9 players left, 2 goals down.

Comment

Zlatan from twenty yards out this. Written all over it.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X