Midweek armchair football 23-25 Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midweek armchair football 23-25 Feb

Anyone else? I'm watching the (ridiculously) early kickoff at Plough Lane. 0-0 so far. We have a bit of pressure right now.

I've got the first half of Boro v Bristol City from 19:00. Then a lesson over Zoom from 20:00 but I'll probably be keeping an eye on the football.

Comment

What are you learning?

The game is fairly even, we're edging it but no product as yet.

Evans and Raynor. What a horrible pair.

Comment

O-0 at half time. We had 65% of the ball. Which is the most we've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
          O-0
          Are my eyes going funny?

Comment

Ooh, sorry. Multi-tasking and not paying enough attention.

0-0

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
              What are you learning?
              Deutsch. 0-3 at half-time. Glad I'm not watching the second half.

Comment

I'm claiming credit for the Dons win tonight for staying the hell away from iFollow. Get in!

Comment

Lovely goal from the excellent Jack Rudoni in the 89th minute wins it for the Dons.

Comment

It was worth the watch.

Comment

I couldn't have watched most of the match tonight as the early kick-off clashed with family stuff.

I'm finding the whole experience of crowdless games on iFollow less than essential viewing anyway, not sure even a vital last minute win would change that much.

Sure I will dip in to it again at some point though.

Comment

I'm watching Rotherham v Forest but I would advise you to look elsewhere for entertainment.

Comment

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but among the many gripes you can level at iFollow is their ludicrous goal update graphics. Rather than putting the goal time on like, I don't know, every other score update service ever, they for some reason think it's more helpful to put up the scorer's squad number. It's caught me a few times, wondering why someone has scored in the 10th minute despite it being gone 9pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            I couldn't have watched most of the match tonight as the early kick-off clashed with family stuff.

I'm finding the whole experience of crowdless games on iFollow less than essential viewing anyway, not sure even a vital last minute win would change that much.

Sure I will dip in to it again at some point though.

Oh TV football is pretty shit at the best of times, and watching it played with no crowd in the stadium or on my sofa makes it much, much worse.

But I want to see our play improving and I am seeing it.

Comment

Indeed. I get it because I have a season ticket and don't think I'd watch it otherwise, though with things as they are I usually look forward to it, especially on a Saturday. We get the local BBC radio commentary which is sometimes very slightly ahead of the pictures which is annoying. Plus, for home games, the commentators are sitting on the other side of the ground from the cameras so when they say 'right' it's 'left, etc.

Comment

I switched on the Leeds game just as Stuart Dallas whanged in their second. The look McCarthy gave Raphinha after the third goal would have curdled milk. Proper "you fucking bastard" eyes.
                                Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 23-02-2021, 23:32.

Comment

At 6.55PM I turned off The Sopranos and decided I'd better tune in. I'm glad I did. Neither side created many chances but I was impressed with how well we kept possession against a hard working Scunny.

I'm sure we've left it far too late this season but hopefully this bodes well for the future.

Comment

Bolton can at least make the play offs, with this division being so tight.

Big win at Carlisle for us, despite conceding the now standard 2nd minute goal, and spending most of the second half on the back foot. A couple of moments of counter attacking quality proved the difference.

Comment

I watched Carlisle lose to Tranmere too. I'm paraphrasing a bit but I think our summariser Chris Lumsdon was onto something when he suggested that the difference between the two sides in attacking terms was that we went forward in the hope that we'd create a good chance but Tranmere carefully built attacks to make sure that they did. Fairly shaky defending from both sides but we've developed a nasty habit of conceding very avoidable goals. That Kayne Woolery is a hell of a player at this level I have to say.

Comment

Yeah, that's a fair summary I'd say, and explains some of our home struggles when we come against teams who come to defend.
                                        I'm not sure why Swindon let Woolery go but not going to complain!

Comment

Why wasn't that Real player booked for diving?

Comment

Bugger.

Comment

Working...
                                            X