TV Watching 19 Feb - 22nd Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Watching 19 Feb - 22nd Feb

Well, if a team in the PL should be beaten by a comical own goal, then there's no better team than Leeds*. Wolves scrambling their way to mid-table obscurity, Leeds just happy to be spending a second season in the EPL.

* unless it's Notts Forest (sic) obviously. Any probably WRDCFC. And that lot up the posh end of the M69. Not that any of them will be troubling the most exciting League in the World soon.

That Leeds goalkeeper does seem to have something of the village idiot about him.

My Leeds mates (70s glory hunters) are animated about the disallowed goal. Haven’t seen it myself, but it’s part of some conspiracy apparently.

Comment

Count me in, again. I will be watching us at the Posh. We'll probably lose, they're better than us. The pitch is terrible, I understand. But I'm excited about our new dawn, so I'm watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Beast View Post
        That Leeds goalkeeper does seem to have something of the village idiot about him.

My Leeds mates (70s glory hunters) are animated about the disallowed goal. Haven’t seen it myself, but it’s part of some conspiracy apparently.
        The conspiracy seeming to be that Bamford can’t keep himself onside.

Comment

I sense a traumatic afternoon ahead. Salford City v Carlisle on ifollow, then the Merseyside derby. I'd take your arm off for a draw in both to be honest.

Comment

Just saw the Bamford goal of Football Focus, it's not even close to being onside.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
              I sense a traumatic afternoon ahead. Salford City v Carlisle on ifollow, then the Merseyside derby. I'd take your arm off for a draw in both to be honest.
              That doesn't seem like a good deal

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                Liverpool will win fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                  Just saw the Bamford goal of Football Focus, it's not even close to being onside.
                  It was definitely offside as called by the lino, me and the commentary team at the time. (In descending order of importance.) Even VAR is right occasionally.

To be fair to Bamford, his use of the word "robbed" in the tweet read to me as 'snatched away horribly' rather than 'cheated of', so I'm genuinely surprised that Leeds fans of all people have felt the need for a conspiracy theory.

Sorry, I'm in a funny mood today.

Comment

How long have Southampton been playing in a kind of reverse Peru kit?

Comment

Just this season, though I like to think of it as 60s Clydebank. They did actual Peru a few seasons back.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                        To be fair to Bamford, his use of the word "robbed" in the tweet read to me as 'snatched away horribly' rather than 'cheated of', so I'm genuinely surprised that Leeds fans of all people have felt the need for a conspiracy theory.
                        ’Robbed’ can only suggest that he thinks the goal was wrongly taken off them. Which it wasn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                          ’Robbed’ can only suggest that he thinks the goal was wrongly taken off them. Which it wasn’t.
                          Well I did start off by saying it was offside and a correct decision.

I've heard people use robbed and similar terms a lot in football and they don't always literally mean 'cheated' or stolen from. It certainly does get used that way, but also as in Erik Lamela was robbed of possession in midfield or Sterling smuggled the ball through to Gundogan. I don't picture Raheem muffling his oars or a using suitcase with a false compartment.

I also wrote the post somewhat tongue in cheek* as I obviously failed to make clear.

*Which is not to say, I did that thing people do when miming a blowjob.

Comment

Why are a club that wear red and white stripes and a club that wear sky blue both changing their shirts. I turned on about 5 minutes before half time, and I didn't know who was who until the first close up.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                              Just this season, though I like to think of it as 60s Clydebank. They did actual Peru a few seasons back.
                              That was a nod to their original kit on their 125th anniversary.

They've gone there for the current third shirt too.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                Why are a club that wear red and white stripes and a club that wear sky blue both changing their shirts. I turned on about 5 minutes before half time, and I didn't know who was who until the first close up.
                                The reason, if not the justification, in the tweet below. I presume Brentford changed due to a potential shorts/socks clash with their first kit and their change is too close to dark blue. I think theirs was their special edition "rowing club colours trim third shirt too (I only caught the final seconds, prompted by this post, specifically to look at the kits) :

https://twitter.com/coventry_city/status/1362362492475834371?s=21
                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-02-2021, 14:35.

Comment

Peterborough's pitch is an absolute disgrace, worse even than the reports I've heard about it.

It looks tough enough to run with the ball on, given it's basically a ploughed, muddy field, let alone pass it.

Comment

On Soccer Saturday " Shane Long should have scored there ", they'll put that on his tombstone.

Comment

Doncaster v Hull on iFollow here - cracking game so far. Hull 3-1 up approaching half-time, could easily have been 3 or 4 more goals in it.

Doncaster are wearing the gold shirts posted recently on the kits thread - disappointingly, they've gone with plain white shorts and socks rather than anything more exciting.

Comment

Although both sides do seem to be coping reasonably well with the surface, RdG.

Comment

Do you think? It's stifled both teams' attacking play for me, especially out wide where the pitch is even more rutted.

Comment

Oh it's not conducive to silky skills or owt. But I think we've looked worse on the ball on better surfaces.

Comment

Well, I think the half time soaking from the sprinklers may have helped Posh a little, two goals in two minutes and it should be game over.

Comment

Posh switched to exploit our weak and exposed FBs.

Comment

Shayon Harrison on, made a chance, and now off on a stretcher.
                                                  Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 20-02-2021, 16:25.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X