What's best to do about Euro tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's best to do about Euro tickets

According to The Athletic the Euros might move again. However if you want a refund you apparently have to claim it now. There's still no guarantee big events will be back on by June and there's the hassle of travel. My brother got us some tickets and has asked me what I think is best. Thought I'd ask the OTF hive mind for advice.
    Get your money back, Patrick
    68.18%
    Have faith - the Euros won't move again
    0%
    Gamble that you can go whenever they are
    31.82%

It really depends where you have tickets for, Wales matches or ones in the UK?

Refunds will still be available beyond this current return window in certain circumstances but the T&Cs are being altered.

Comment

Is it not a bit of a disgrace that they are doing this now?

Comment

The tickets were for Wembley and Hampden. I'm aware different rules may apply in those venues.

Comment

Get your money back kidder.

Comment

If those matches go ahead at those venues, with crowds to a capacity that means your ticket is honoured*, would you be happy to travel to attend them assuming restrictions allow? If so, you should keep the tickets, if not your should return them in this window.

* if those circumstances don't happen you will get a refund anyway - as far as I can see.

The wrinkle is if they move all games to one host country, though I imagine they will have to offer refunds in that case and the likelihood is those games would be behind closed doors (or limited to domestic crowds at best) if it does happen.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 19-01-2021, 10:47.

Comment

Out of interest Ray, what are you doing with your tickets?

Comment

I've jumped at the chance to return tickets in this window, but for a pretty random match in Bucharest. If it had been closer, or of greater personal interest, it might have been more tempting to hold on.

The big advantage of dropping out now is having one less source of uncertainty for the next five months.

Comment

My worry would be booking flights. If you're planning on booking with GB&I's two favourite budget airlines, the fact matches get cancelled will cut no mustard if that's your reason for cancellation but the flight is still taking off. You'll possibly get a credit for a future flight on Easyjet if you're lucky. Ryanair only give you a refund if you're dead, and even then will charge you a cancellation fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                    The big advantage of dropping out now is having one less source of uncertainty for the next five months.
                    That's one of the reasons I'm leaning heavily towards refund; that and the fact that even if the games go ahead with fans, I can only envisage travel between venue countries and home post-Brexit and post/mid-Covid being a minefield of travel restrictions and quarantines.

Comment

I have tickets for the 4 games in Dublin. I'll take my chances for now. If they do get moved and travel is not viable I'd be somewhat hopeful that I'l be able to resell if the situation isn't too bad, or get a refund if the situation remains as bad as it is now- I think it'd be pretty bad for optics if UEFA were refusing to refund tickets for moved matches when travel restrictions are in place

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                        Out of interest Ray, what are you doing with your tickets?
                        I'm keeping my Wales Follow Your Team tickets (though the guy who had my +1 is getting a refund - we were part of a large block booking so will still have people with me) and my tickets for 4 or 5 games at Wembley.

Comment

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1351869407342043138?s=21

Comment

The one country tournament idea taking shape:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...to-one-country

Comment

My brother's getting refunds. TY to everyone who voted in the poll. (14:6 in favour of refunds.)

Comment

More news on the issue from the EFA :

UPDATE FOLLOWING UEFA’S RECENT ANNOUNCEMENT

Comment

Recent news updates/speculation :

https://twitter.com/robharris/status/1354472656108744705?s=21

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1354922392095780864?s=21

Comment

In the case of Scotland and England, I wonder what they would class as 'home' fans?

Comment

Wait, so, they're gonna stage Wales-Switzerland in Euro 2020 but only allow Azerbaijani fans to attend? How many Romanians are going to want to see Austria-North Macedonia?

It's clearer than ever that paying fans at the turnstiles are no longer of any significant commercial concern to the footballing powers that be.

Comment

I got an email from UEFA this evening to say that, due to reduced capacity, I no longer have a ticket for Scotland v Croatia at Hampden and my money is being refunded.

To make up for it I've bought myself a ticket for the Bolton Hospital Cup final.

Comment

Similar price?

Comment

Well, they both have "00" after the decimal point.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                                              I got an email from UEFA this evening to say that, due to reduced capacity, I no longer have a ticket for Scotland v Croatia at Hampden and my money is being refunded.
                                              Same. Will probably buy some more RL World Cup tickets instead. Got a couple on the terrace for the England warm up game at Rochdale (!!) which I’m really looking forward to.

Comment

Working...
                                              X