Telly and Radio Thread January 13-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telly and Radio Thread January 13-21

Man City v Brighton: Maybe it's my computer speakers but the crowd noise is very faint on my NBC SN stream. Man City again not really breaking down the parked bus.

Spurs v Fulham on Amazon Prime - it's a sign of how awful some of the others have been, but I quite enjoyed Peter Drury and Ally McCoist as the commentary team.

Comment

Fulham played well but Spurs' inability to hold a lead is becoming monotonous. I'm not sure if it's tactics or simply running out of gas. Fulham seemed fitter, sharper, in the second half.

Comment

Baffled why it wasn't the first game on MOTD.

Comment

Jamie Redknapp " it's not often you'd say you missed a fullback, but Arsenal are missing Tierney " . Nobody ever missed you, you sicknote poser. Alex Scott, 9 time league winning fullback, was too polite to call him on it.

Comment

Based on the extended highlights I saw today both Brighton and Fulham have very good goalkeepers.

Comment

Morton v Dunfermline is on BBC Scotland right now. The floodlights are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                Morton v Dunfermline is on BBC Scotland right now. The floodlights are great.
                Apologies if anyone tuned in on the basis of this post. It wasn't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                  Jamie Redknapp " it's not often you'd say you missed a fullback, but Arsenal are missing Tierney " . Nobody ever missed you, you sicknote poser. Alex Scott, 9 time league winning fullback, was too polite to call him on it.
                  I wonder if Redknapp even knows what position Scott played? Or even that she is a former Footballer at all?
                  (most capped England international of all time, or something like that, isn’t she?)

Comment

Middlesbrough's first home game for a month with Birmingham the visitors for an annoying 12:30 kick-off. In that month we've been to their place and won 4-1. Also, Colin has appointed a player to be in charge of goal celebrations following warnings earlier in the week. So get your money on Boro not to score.

Comment

VAR penalty for West Brom.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                        Middlesbrough's first home game for a month with Birmingham the visitors for an annoying 12:30 kick-off. In that month we've been to their place and won 4-1. Also, Colin has appointed a player to be in charge of goal celebrations following warnings earlier in the week. So get your money on Boro not to score.
                        Unfortunately you're halfway on the way to being right.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                          VAR penalty for West Brom.
                          To be fair, the ref gave it, and VAR agreed. Anyway, it doesn't matter as Wolves've scored twice.

Comment

Well, that's a turnip for the books...

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Unfortunately you're halfway on the way to being right.
                              Told you.

Comment

I wonder if we'll even get a mention during our game against Wayne Rooney's Derby County?

Comment

West Ham vs Burnley is live on Amazon Prime now. If it's goals you're after... I'd probably give it a miss.

Comment

Can't we wait another 9 years before playing them again?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                      I wonder if we'll even get a mention during our game against Wayne Rooney's Derby County?
                                      You do wonder why they gave him a permanent contract, when the results certainly didn't merit one?

Comment

I see that Dyche persisting with the Bludgeon Brothers up front is reaping its usual rewards.

Comment

The camera angles at the London Stadium are weird. They make anything in the penalty areas look a lot more open and threatening than it really is.

Comment

If, like me, you'd just come in and turned on the final minutes of Leeds v Brighton you could be forgiven for thinking it was archive footage given the terrible state of the pitch and the relatively plain kits. The lack of a crowd is the main sign it's a contemporary match, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by jeanmid View Post
                                              Can't we wait another 9 years before playing them again?
                                              Less than four months. Can't wait ......

Today might have been Albion's best all-round performance of the season. Good defending, other than for the goals, for once combined with a threat going forward.

I think Wolves will be fine with Jimenez back in that side and perhaps a bit more end product from Traore. I love watching Traore, at least when you're playing anyone else.

Surprised there hasn't been more debate over our first pen (free-kick right on the edge, surely), or the ref opting not to check VAR when the ball hit Gibbs' hand in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                If, like me, you'd just come in and turned on the final minutes of Leeds v Brighton you could be forgiven for thinking it was archive footage given the terrible state of the pitch and the relatively plain kits. The lack of a crowd is the main sign it's a contemporary match, sadly.
                                                Leeds were poor, that was relegation form. Once we scored I never felt we were in any danger, and the winning margin should have been greater. Apart from Newcastle, Leeds are the worst side we have played this season.

Still. Crawley have the Sussex bragging rights as they beat Leeds 3-0............

Comment

Might as well confess I have weird soft spots for both WBA and Sam Allardyce, so that was pleasing. The Allardyce soft spot dates from him being mocked for drinking white wine from a pint glass, the WBA one from when Leicester escaped relegation to div 3 at Albion's expense.

Leicester v Southampton might be entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X