Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new WSC with Jamie Vardy on the cover

Et arrivee.

But what was the state of the envelope and how did the paper smell?

Comment

Intact and of rich mahogany.

Comment

Is it a sexy picture of Vardy? That's what all football fans want.

Comment

Well it wasn't doused in Red Bull this month but it arrived looking like this.

Edited by SP: Real name and home address showing.
          Last edited by Snake Plissken; 12-01-2021, 11:44.

Comment

brb just going to apply for a credit card

Comment

Yeah... I've removed the image Patrick Thistle

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                Is it a sexy picture of Vardy? That's what all football fans want.
                Well, he's not in profile, so that's a good start and he further benefits from being juxtaposed with Harry Kane and Bruno Fernandes, so with only Gerard Houllier, a Corinthian Carlos Valderrama and WSC's The People man as competition, he's looking pretty hot, for a Wilfred Bramble lookalike.
                Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 12-01-2021, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  Yeah... I've removed the image Patrick Thistle
                  Cripes what a lapse. Thanks Snake

Comment

It looked like this

Comment

(Obviously without a black smudge over my address)

Comment

Free elastic band - why are you complaining?

Comment

Delightful fragrance of Eau de Paninistickers to mine which was released as soon as I opened the envelope. More of this please, WSC.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                            Free elastic band - why are you complaining?
                            His family and colleagues just couldn't understand/ Why he gave them up for music?

Comment

God, two articles about Lincoln. Excessive.

Comment

This is the first post Brexit issue, so I'm interested as to when it arrives in the shops in Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  God, two articles about Lincoln. Excessive.
                                  Oi!

Comment

When I take power every football magazine in the country will be obligated by law to carry two articles about Lincoln, at the very least. And there will be no free elastic bands for stroppy Salopians.

Comment

Giving Emperor Palpatine a run for his money with threats like that.

Comment

Mine hasn't arrived yet, obvs.

Comment

Really enjoyed the Lincoln pieces. When you're emeshed in the game's doom and gloom, it's important to read about clubs that are actually doing it right.

And there's some seriously sexy lower-league ground photography in this issue. Some of those Cowdenbeath pics …

Comment

Is that Worcestershire's Phil Neale sitting in the middle in that Lincoln team picture. If it is, he had some career for them as I'm sure he played against us in 1984 and maybe the following season too. We didn't go to Argyle every week when I was young, but my cricket mad dad always took me to the games against them.

Also part of one of my favourite Argyle oddities, where Terry Austin and him scored all the goals in a 2-2 draw, one for their team and one for the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post

His family and colleagues just couldn't understand/ Why he gave them up for music?
                                              Very good, DG.

Concerning the magazine, plenty of good stuff in there as usual. Very interesting piece highlighting Valencia's ongoing, and increasingly worrying problems.

Comment

I was very pleased to see that the photomontage accompanying Harry Pearson's piece about Marca has a front page of said paper proclaiming Aupa Atleti!!

edit: it won't do upside down !!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post

Very good, DG.

Concerning the magazine, plenty of good stuff in there as usual. Very interesting piece highlighting Valencia's ongoing, and increasingly worrying problems.
                                                  Cheers TC. Been looking forward to this issue, as I'm finding MSM coverage of the game to be very rum at the moment. When I watch or listen to coverage from back home, I don't usually expect the most sober analysis of how elite sport should react to come from Irish League managers...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X