Fake Crowd Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
    Does anyone else remember someone (Stevenage Borough maybe) playing fake crowd noise over the tannoy during their actual games?
    The NFL fined the Atlanta Falcons $350,000 and a fifth round draft pick after they played recorded crowd noise during the 2013 and 2014 seasons. They also suspended Atlanta's director of event marketing (who was deemed to be responsible) for eight weeks, although this was a bit of a moot point as the Falcons fired him.

Comment

Halifax Town got told off by the league back in the early seventies for using crowd noise from Wembley to try and create an atmosphere. Funny, 'cos whenever I've been to The Shay, it's been quite lively. Must be a Yorkshire rivalry thing...

Comment

Did The Shay used to host Speedway or is that a false memory?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          Did The Shay used to host Speedway or is that a false memory?
          Halifax Dukes were based there for about twenty years before they moved to Odsal.

Comment

I usually watch with the sound turned off anyway so it's not a problem. The exception are QPR's streamed home games, where the away bench and players are the only noise you can hear. None of our players talk to each other on the pitch, nor is there any shouting from the sidelines. This is an indicator of lack of passion to many fans, and that we're too "soft" and "nice."

Comment

Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
              The sounds they had for the Chorley vs Derby match on Saturday were dreadful, though - a kind of high pitched shouting that sounded like it had been taken from a schools international, or some other match where vast numbers of tickets had been given it to kids.
              Same thing tonight for Stockport v West Ham, sounds like a school playground.

Comment

I must say, the CGI is pretty realistic and even the players and officials thought that it was real.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1348726670098837507

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                  It seems to have become much more sophisticated as it's gone on – with sounds for controversy, etc. Whether that's a good thing or not is another matter.
                  There may be a reason for that as I discovered when moving from BT Sport to the BBC at some point over Christmas. The BT Sport channel I went past was doing their live goals show, and they said something about Villa scoring to go 2-0 up just as I channel hopped. When I went to the BBC it was only 1-0 to Villa. I was briefly confused... until Villa scored about 30 seconds later! The BBC 'live' feed was clearly around 2 minutes behind actual time.

Comment

Working...
                  X