Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    I've just read that Dawson has now scored 3 FA Cup goals in 3 different decades.

Leave a comment:

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    Originally posted by Tony C View Post

I have friends in Rochdale who know him and his family well. Very nice people apparently.
    So I've heard. And following his last game for Rochdale he stayed on the pitch long after everyone else had completed their lap of honour so that everyone who wanted to shake his hand was able to.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
    Shame for Stockport, always nice to see 'our' Craig Dawson score though.
    I have friends in Rochdale who know him and his family well. Very nice people apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

A pitch which hasn't looked at all playable on the occasional glimpses I've managed of tonight's game.

I was going to ponder if, like Newport last night, sharing with a rugby club contributed to the terrible state of the surface but have only just discovered Sale moved out in 2012.

I'd always assumed their "A.J. Bell Stadium" was a renamed, redeveloped Edgeley Park but clearly not. I always thought Sale had taken over ownership too.
    The council own it I think. Hang on *checks wiki* yes, it's leased back to County. The A.J. Bell stadium incidentally (clearly visible from the Barton flyover on the M60 if ever you're passing this way) is built on what used to be the site of Irlam Town's original ground before they moved to Silver Street where Irlam FC now play.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
    Plenty of fireworks going off outside Edgely Park. They've even paused the game to enjoy them. Nothing so exciting on the pitch yet.
    A pitch which hasn't looked at all playable on the occasional glimpses I've managed of tonight's game.

I was going to ponder if, like Newport last night, sharing with a rugby club contributed to the terrible state of the surface but have only just discovered Sale moved out in 2012.

I'd always assumed their "A.J. Bell Stadium" was a renamed, redeveloped Edgeley Park but clearly not. I also thought Sale had taken over ownership.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 11-01-2021, 22:20.

Leave a comment:

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    Shame for Stockport, always nice to see 'our' Craig Dawson score though.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
    She mainly spoke about how good Crawley were, and let the other pundit (former Everton player, my minds gone blank) to eviscerate Leeds.
    Leon Osman.

Leave a comment:

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    Plenty of fireworks going off outside Edgely Park. They've even paused the game to enjoy them. Nothing so exciting on the pitch yet.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    She mainly spoke about how good Crawley were, and let the other pundit (former Everton player, my minds gone blank) to eviscerate Leeds.

Leave a comment:

• Nesta
    replied
    The extensions last week were quite eyecatching, wondee if it was a deliberate 'fuck you' to the haters.

Did she get the chance to opine on Leeds's, eh, short lived cup campaign?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I'm not saying Karen does this, but... when I was at uni we had a classmate called Sam who had long blonde hair. She would wear it long and straight one day, long and curly the next, and we couldn't work it out. Eventually Mrs Thistle* asked her how she managed it and it turned out Sam had a blonde wig the same length as her hair. So when she wanted curls for the day she popped her wig on.

*this was before becoming Mrs Thistle.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Wouldn't they have hair and make up for the presenters? I remember seeing Alan Shearer having powder applied to his bonce through the windows of a mobile studio in Shrewsbury a couple of seasons back.
    I was being facetious. Karen C had much added curlage in her hair on BT's Saturday afternoon FA Cup show - only to jettison it for some serious straightening on last night's MOTD. While both looks were equally becoming to her, I briefly wondered if it was a 'branding' thing.

Obviously, under normal circumstances, all presenters/guests would go into make-up etc before the show, but I don't know what the deal is in the present climate.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    I know Barney Ronay is not everyone's favourite here, though I think he's great. For those who enjoy him his report on Marine Tottenham today is wonderful. Also I love the picture at the beginning of the report https://www.theguardian.com/football...ttenham-fa-cup
    The word from Spurs’ inner sanctum was that Mourinho would be “preparing normally with massive respect” – which, to be fair, doesn’t sound that normal. Snipe, snark, underhand tactics – now that really would be the ultimate respect. So we looked forward to Mourinho’s provocative shushing gestures over the back garden fences. Would he poke a schoolteacher in the eye? Jostle an NHS nurse? Gesture about his trophy haul to a dozing pensioner?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Wouldn't they have hair and make up for the presenters? I remember seeing Alan Shearer having powder applied to his bonce through the windows of a mobile studio in Shrewsbury a couple of seasons back.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Having seen her yesterday afternoon on BT Sport, it would also seem that Ms Carney is pretty much the only person in the country allowed to visit a hairdresser...

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Excellent trolling by MOTD having Karen Carney on for the Leeds game. Wonder how their Twitter account will react.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Ah well. Newport almost did it

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Sudden death

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Penalty shoot out in Newport

Leave a comment:

• ale
    replied
    Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post

It's still worth answering - in 1899 Stockport County of the Lancashire League beat top flight Glossop 3-0 in a replay, just four days after coming away from North Road with a creditable 2-2 draw.
    Good spot for getting that one. Format of competition doesnt make sense at this far remove-Glossop lost that game in a 3rd round qualifier despite being a top flight team. While some second division clubs & non league clubs were given byes to First Round proper.

That aside Spurs beat WBA 4-0 in the cup semi final on their way to trophy win 1901.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I have laughed this much at a football match on TV since Iceland got their second goal.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    The Brighton players look crestfallen

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    95th minute goal for Newport!

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Ha ha, brilliant!