X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's cheered me right up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
      This probably the first time that we've ever played against a World Cup Golden Boot winner...
      Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
      Marine may be able to say that tomorrow. (The probability being even higher.)
      ...or not, as the case may be.
      Last edited by Jah Womble; 10-01-2021, 16:16.

Comment

The may get to face a quadruple Champions League winner though...and Ben Davies

Comment

Chuffed to bits to see Ashley Nadesan play well and get MotM for Crawley - loved watching him during his two loans spells at Carlisle, he's a real grafter and a nice lad to boot.

Comment

I may have asked this during their game in the last round but are Marine's traditional colours the gold and black they're currently wearing?

Comment

No - it's their 125th anniversary kit (which was last season, but they've carried on using it this season because Covid). Normally white shirts with black shorts/socks.

Comment

It's a nice front, pity about the back.

Comment

Thanks, I thought I had a vague notion they normally wear a more common colour combination.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Lash it home from 3 inches out

Comment

That was a finish in keeping with the 8th tier setting.

Comment

Bit conflicted here. Obviously a Marine win would be amazing. But it would be terrible for our lad Joe to be in goal for such an ignominious defeat.

Comment

I've obviously seen him play 'live' at Anfield, but it's only when you see him play against people you've watched from close up (as it were) that you realise what a big lad Dele Alli is.

Comment

Proper goal-sniffer that Spurs player I've never heard of before

Comment

Has Dele Alli found his level?

Comment

The fourth goal was excellent.

Comment

Was it 13 (thirteen) against Crewe?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                      Proper goal-sniffer that Spurs player I've never heard of before
                                      I remembered them signing him during the summer, but didn't realise at the time he was a different p​​layer to Real's Vinicius.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                        Was it 13 (thirteen) against Crewe?
                                        Shrewsbury beat them 11-2 back in the 90s

Comment

Vinicius lashed the ball out of the ground. They should have sent him to knock on the front door to get it back.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                            Vinicius lashed the ball out of the ground. They should have sent him to knock on the front door to get it back.

Comment

I'd say that's a moral victory for Marine, although I suspect Spurs took their foot off the pedal in the second half.

Comment

The Marine game on the radio in the car had a load of fake crowd noise on it. I was really excited to follow the match for a bit, but I realise that the fake crowds has kind of sucked a lot of my interest and engagement out of the game. Even when there's a gripping tie, I just feel like I'm not experiencing the real deal. When it comes to an FA Cup weekend that rings particularly hollow.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                                  The Marine game on the radio in the car had a load of fake crowd noise on it. I was really excited to follow the match for a bit, but I realise that the fake crowds has kind of sucked a lot of my interest and engagement out of the game. Even when there's a gripping tie, I just feel like I'm not experiencing the real deal. When it comes to an FA Cup weekend that rings particularly hollow.
                                                  That was a real fucking crowd. Aside from people inside the stadium, there were people watching from back gardens overlooking the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post

Thanks for trying to save my face.
                                                    It's still worth answering - in 1899 Stockport County of the Lancashire League beat top flight Glossop 3-0 in a replay, just four days after coming away from North Road with a creditable 2-2 draw.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X