Telly Thread January 5-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telly Thread January 5-11

Looks like I'd need an illegal stream for the League Cup semis and FA Cup Third Round in the US due to my unwillingness to pay for ESPN+

My team's through to its first ever semi final that isn't the Auto Paint Anglo Italian Rover, and I can't watch it either, what with the "not being allowed to go" and the pubs being shut. So can this be the Telly and Radio thread please?

Comment

On the theme of radio, due to the new Covid restrictions, Radio York weren't allowed to go to the City game tonight so the commentators are commentating via Zoom while watching the match on Kidderminster's live stream. They're doing their best but it's all a bit sterile - they need to use the old cricket and baseball radio commentary tactics of doing their own sound effects.

Comment

Just turned the League Cup game on, having these semi-finals one-legged at the ground of one of the teams involved seems ridiculous, even if they are behind closed doors.

That said, Brentford have just equalised...or have they?

Edit: it appears not.

Comment

Seems Radio York must have heard my suggestion about sound effects: https://twitter.com/nathaninyork/sta...32962491449350

Comment

The preview for Villa v Liverpool has included a selection of home made looking footage of the Villa kids.

Comment

I've just worked out how to get the BT Sports Extra channels

Comment

3 minutes. 1-0 Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                  Please elucidate.

Comment

I suppose watching Queens Park at home to Queen of the South behind closed doors in the Scottish Cup is only incrementally slightly weirder than watching it with a crowd in.

Comment

Red button, isn't it? Though I always forget and end up watching them on the app on the iPad, which I think might be higher definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                        I suppose watching Queens Park at home to Queen of the South behind closed doors in the Scottish Cup is only incrementally slightly weirder than watching it with a crowd in.
                        Hadn't realised that was on. Thanks.

Last edited by Capybara; 08-01-2021, 20:13. Reason: Wrong quote

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                          Please elucidate.
                          Well it's the red button on my remote. Go to the relevant channel and press the button.
                          BT Sport 1 -> BT Sport 1 Extra
                          BT Sport 2 -> BT Sport 2 Extra
                          etc.

(On Virgin Media)

I'm watching on BT Sport 1 Extra so no fake crowd noise.

Comment

We have BT TV anyway, so they're just in the listings.

BT TV is shite, incidentally.

Comment

Thanks. I'll need that for tomorrow lunchtime.

Comment

Villa Kidz certainly looking no worse than some Premier League sides of recent years.

Comment

1-1!

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha

Great goal. I was just about to say Callum Rowe looks a good player. Brilliant pass to set that up.

Comment

Half time 1-1. Liverpool seem very capable of fucking up royal here

Comment

As per my OP I think we can only get these through ESPN+ in the US and I'm interested but not that interested (my wife would not be OK with that outlay for games that not EPL, ECL or major tournaments)

Comment

Is there a rule that says if your name is Carroll you have to have that haircut?

Comment

About fucking time.

Comment

And the captain's armband is a gift from SG Wattenscheid.

Comment

Liverpool seem very capable of fucking up royal here
                                                May have been optimistic there. As the 4th goes in.

Comment

Eight of this Villa XI played against Carlisle earlier this season in the Piss Pot trophy and lost 3-1, so if Liverpool couldn't put them away then it'd be a really poor show.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X