Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telly Thread January 5-11

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm not saying Karen does this, but... when I was at uni we had a classmate called Sam who had long blonde hair. She would wear it long and straight one day, long and curly the next, and we couldn't work it out. Eventually Mrs Thistle* asked her how she managed it and it turned out Sam had a blonde wig the same length as her hair. So when she wanted curls for the day she popped her wig on.


    *this was before becoming Mrs Thistle.

    Comment


      The extensions last week were quite eyecatching, wondee if it was a deliberate 'fuck you' to the haters.

      Did she get the chance to opine on Leeds's, eh, short lived cup campaign?

      Comment


        She mainly spoke about how good Crawley were, and let the other pundit (former Everton player, my minds gone blank) to eviscerate Leeds.

        Comment


          Plenty of fireworks going off outside Edgely Park. They've even paused the game to enjoy them. Nothing so exciting on the pitch yet.

          Comment


            Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
            She mainly spoke about how good Crawley were, and let the other pundit (former Everton player, my minds gone blank) to eviscerate Leeds.
            Leon Osman.

            Comment


              Shame for Stockport, always nice to see 'our' Craig Dawson score though.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
                Plenty of fireworks going off outside Edgely Park. They've even paused the game to enjoy them. Nothing so exciting on the pitch yet.
                A pitch which hasn't looked at all playable on the occasional glimpses I've managed of tonight's game.

                I was going to ponder if, like Newport last night, sharing with a rugby club contributed to the terrible state of the surface but have only just discovered Sale moved out in 2012.

                I'd always assumed their "A.J. Bell Stadium" was a renamed, redeveloped Edgeley Park but clearly not. I also thought Sale had taken over ownership.
                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 11-01-2021, 21:20.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

                  A pitch which hasn't looked at all playable on the occasional glimpses I've managed of tonight's game.

                  I was going to ponder if, like Newport last night, sharing with a rugby club contributed to the terrible state of the surface but have only just discovered Sale moved out in 2012.

                  I'd always assumed their "A.J. Bell Stadium" was a renamed, redeveloped Edgeley Park but clearly not. I always thought Sale had taken over ownership too.
                  The council own it I think. Hang on *checks wiki* yes, it's leased back to County. The A.J. Bell stadium incidentally (clearly visible from the Barton flyover on the M60 if ever you're passing this way) is built on what used to be the site of Irlam Town's original ground before they moved to Silver Street where Irlam FC now play.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
                    Shame for Stockport, always nice to see 'our' Craig Dawson score though.
                    I have friends in Rochdale who know him and his family well. Very nice people apparently.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Tony C View Post

                      I have friends in Rochdale who know him and his family well. Very nice people apparently.
                      So I've heard. And following his last game for Rochdale he stayed on the pitch long after everyone else had completed their lap of honour so that everyone who wanted to shake his hand was able to.

                      Comment


                        I've just read that Dawson has now scored 3 FA Cup goals in 3 different decades.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X