No announcement yet.

Telly Thread January 5-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fourth tier beating top tier 3-0 (or equivalent) may be unique. I can't recall an example. Furthermore, it's not like Leeds are in the ramshackle state of Sheff United, against whom this result would be far less of a shock. It's probably (as noted above) connected to Bielsa's "win 5-0 or bust" tactics.

Comment

ABS, oh, were there that many people watching outside the stadium then? I stand corrected, then. I was just trying to express my general malaise of turning on the radio and finding yet another game with an ersatz atmos.

Comment

Fucking hell, that's some pitch in Newport.

Comment

Cardiff Blues have been playing there until recently in addition to the Dragons and County while the Arms Park is out of action due to the Millennium being used as a hospital.

Although it usually accommodates three teams with it being the home ground of Newport RFC too.

Comment

What was the thing about Bale doing a card gesture while on the bench? I had the sound down.

Comment

So, that's two rugger clubs and a football team. I'm almost surprised that there's any grass left...

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                What was the thing about Bale doing a card gesture while on the bench? I had the sound down.
                It was aimed at Dele Alli...

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                  Dele Alli lost his footing and fell over in front of the Spurs bench and the subs started laughing at him. Bale was waving a yellow card for a dive.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                    ABS, oh, were there that many people watching outside the stadium then? I stand corrected, then. I was just trying to express my general malaise of turning on the radio and finding yet another game with an ersatz atmos.
                    The noise you heard was likely the people in the crowd. There was what seemed to be like loads of people in the stands.

Comment

Fucksticks

Comment

Just as they said March, I started singing the advert and he scores. What a shame.

Comment

90th minute goal for Brighton

Comment

Ha ha, brilliant!

Comment

95th minute goal for Newport!

Comment

The Brighton players look crestfallen

Comment

I have laughed this much at a football match on TV since Iceland got their second goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post

It's still worth answering - in 1899 Stockport County of the Lancashire League beat top flight Glossop 3-0 in a replay, just four days after coming away from North Road with a creditable 2-2 draw.
                                    Good spot for getting that one. Format of competition doesnt make sense at this far remove-Glossop lost that game in a 3rd round qualifier despite being a top flight team. While some second division clubs & non league clubs were given byes to First Round proper.

That aside Spurs beat WBA 4-0 in the cup semi final on their way to trophy win 1901.

Comment

Penalty shoot out in Newport

Comment

Sudden death

Comment

Ah well. Newport almost did it

Comment

Excellent trolling by MOTD having Karen Carney on for the Leeds game. Wonder how their Twitter account will react.

Comment

Having seen her yesterday afternoon on BT Sport, it would also seem that Ms Carney is pretty much the only person in the country allowed to visit a hairdresser...

Comment

Wouldn't they have hair and make up for the presenters? I remember seeing Alan Shearer having powder applied to his bonce through the windows of a mobile studio in Shrewsbury a couple of seasons back.

Comment

I know Barney Ronay is not everyone's favourite here, though I think he's great. For those who enjoy him his report on Marine Tottenham today is wonderful. Also I love the picture at the beginning of the report https://www.theguardian.com/football...ttenham-fa-cup
                                                  The word from Spurs’ inner sanctum was that Mourinho would be “preparing normally with massive respect” – which, to be fair, doesn’t sound that normal. Snipe, snark, underhand tactics – now that really would be the ultimate respect. So we looked forward to Mourinho’s provocative shushing gestures over the back garden fences. Would he poke a schoolteacher in the eye? Jostle an NHS nurse? Gesture about his trophy haul to a dozing pensioner?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                    Wouldn't they have hair and make up for the presenters? I remember seeing Alan Shearer having powder applied to his bonce through the windows of a mobile studio in Shrewsbury a couple of seasons back.
                                                    I was being facetious. Karen C had much added curlage in her hair on BT's Saturday afternoon FA Cup show - only to jettison it for some serious straightening on last night's MOTD. While both looks were equally becoming to her, I briefly wondered if it was a 'branding' thing.

Obviously, under normal circumstances, all presenters/guests would go into make-up etc before the show, but I don't know what the deal is in the present climate.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X