Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Just as they said March, I started singing the advert and he scores. What a shame.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Fucksticks

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
    ABS, oh, were there that many people watching outside the stadium then? I stand corrected, then. I was just trying to express my general malaise of turning on the radio and finding yet another game with an ersatz atmos.
    The noise you heard was likely the people in the crowd. There was what seemed to be like loads of people in the stands.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
    What was the thing about Bale doing a card gesture while on the bench? I had the sound down.
    Dele Alli lost his footing and fell over in front of the Spurs bench and the subs started laughing at him. Bale was waving a yellow card for a dive.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
    What was the thing about Bale doing a card gesture while on the bench? I had the sound down.
    It was aimed at Dele Alli...

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    So, that's two rugger clubs and a football team. I'm almost surprised that there's any grass left...

Leave a comment:

• Bored Of Education
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Cardiff Blues have been playing there until recently in addition to the Dragons and County while the Arms Park is out of action due to the Millennium being used as a hospital.

Although it usually accommodates three teams with it being the home ground of Newport RFC too.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Fucking hell, that's some pitch in Newport.

Leave a comment:

• diggedy derek
    replied
    ABS, oh, were there that many people watching outside the stadium then? I stand corrected, then. I was just trying to express my general malaise of turning on the radio and finding yet another game with an ersatz atmos.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Fourth tier beating top tier 3-0 (or equivalent) may be unique. I can't recall an example. Furthermore, it's not like Leeds are in the ramshackle state of Sheff United, against whom this result would be far less of a shock. It's probably (as noted above) connected to Bielsa's "win 5-0 or bust" tactics.

Leave a comment:

• Crystal Staples
    replied
    Originally posted by ale View Post

Thanks for trying to save my face.
    It's still worth answering - in 1899 Stockport County of the Lancashire League beat top flight Glossop 3-0 in a replay, just four days after coming away from North Road with a creditable 2-2 draw.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
    The Marine game on the radio in the car had a load of fake crowd noise on it. I was really excited to follow the match for a bit, but I realise that the fake crowds has kind of sucked a lot of my interest and engagement out of the game. Even when there's a gripping tie, I just feel like I'm not experiencing the real deal. When it comes to an FA Cup weekend that rings particularly hollow.
    That was a real fucking crowd. Aside from people inside the stadium, there were people watching from back gardens overlooking the pitch.

Leave a comment:

• diggedy derek
    replied
    The Marine game on the radio in the car had a load of fake crowd noise on it. I was really excited to follow the match for a bit, but I realise that the fake crowds has kind of sucked a lot of my interest and engagement out of the game. Even when there's a gripping tie, I just feel like I'm not experiencing the real deal. When it comes to an FA Cup weekend that rings particularly hollow.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    I'd say that's a moral victory for Marine, although I suspect Spurs took their foot off the pedal in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
    Vinicius lashed the ball out of the ground. They should have sent him to knock on the front door to get it back.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Vinicius lashed the ball out of the ground. They should have sent him to knock on the front door to get it back.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    Was it 13 (thirteen) against Crewe?
    Shrewsbury beat them 11-2 back in the 90s

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Proper goal-sniffer that Spurs player I've never heard of before
    I remembered them signing him during the summer, but didn't realise at the time he was a different p​​layer to Real's Vinicius.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Was it 13 (thirteen) against Crewe?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    The fourth goal was excellent.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Has Dele Alli found his level?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Proper goal-sniffer that Spurs player I've never heard of before

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    I've obviously seen him play 'live' at Anfield, but it's only when you see him play against people you've watched from close up (as it were) that you realise what a big lad Dele Alli is.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Bit conflicted here. Obviously a Marine win would be amazing. But it would be terrible for our lad Joe to be in goal for such an ignominious defeat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X