Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year Weekend Telly

Everton aren't looking good.

Up until West Ham’s (fluky) goal, this has been possibly the least-eventful PL match I’ve ever seen.

A real ‘New Year’s Day-hangover’ of a game.

Comment

UP THE IRONS.

Comment

Wednesday v Wayne Rooney's Derby County was a fine example of why possession stats are a load of bollocks. WRDC had loads of the ball but were really static and just kept making easy passes into unthreatening areas, especially after we went ahead. Our goal was delightfully scruffy and now we're out of the relegation places and unlike 2020 have won on NYD, so that's definitely an early example of this year being an improvement on last.

Comment

Aston Villa playing some really nice football at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
            Aston Villa playing some really nice football at times.
            How did they get good? They were terrible, last season got halted, they came back really quite good.

Comment

Man United score with a well worked goal

Comment

That was a great cross by Wan-Bissaka and an even better header by Martial.

Comment

That was some save by De Gea!

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                    Wednesday v Wayne Rooney's Derby County was a fine example of why possession stats are a load of bollocks. WRDC had loads of the ball but were really static and just kept making easy passes into unthreatening areas, especially after we went ahead. Our goal was delightfully scruffy and now we're out of the relegation places and unlike 2020 have won on NYD, so that's definitely an early example of this year being an improvement on last.
                    Ironic that they put in what sounds like the perfect Pulis performance a week after he left.

Comment

Villa get an equaliser then conceded a silly penalty and are now trailing again.

Tbh Villa look like they're the home side here but I can see Man United winning.

Comment

Exciting game. Villa are getting much better but fair play to Man Utd, they played well.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

How did they get good? They were terrible, last season got halted, they came back really quite good.
                          I've not been paying an awful lot of attention myself but I think you've misremembered that.

On checking, Villa only managed two wins from ten games after the restart and stayed up by the skin of their teeth because Bournemouth and Watford's form in the run in was even worse (and due to the goal Sheffield United were incorrectly disallowed due to occluded cameras in their first game back).

Then they spent ?78M in the close season which I would imagine is at least part of the reason they're now doing better.

This isn't a snark as I like Villa's current side and have enjoyed watching them for a few seasons, I just don't think they hugely benefited from the Covid break (or "did a Leeds" as I hope it becomes known).
                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 02-01-2021, 12:52.

Comment

Ah, I remembered them staying up and assumed they'd had a revival. But even so, 78m or not, it's been impressive. They played some good stuff last night, and Grealish was everywhere.

Comment

Yeah, Grealish is pretty much my favorite current PL player to watch when I can be bothered with it and they've been an attractive side since at least their last season in D2.

Comment

Was that really a penalty?

Comment

Yes it was.

Comment

Kane and Son do it again.

Comment

Leeds are playing some nice football.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                        Leeds are playing some nice football.
                                        For what good it's doing them. They've been ruthlessly Mourinhoed in this game and will have to do something more than nice in the second half.

Comment

Oh dear.

Comment

This is such a weird game to watch. Normally a 3-0 win would be described as "comfortable" but Spurs don't look comfortanle at all.

Comment

Future is an attitude. Someone should die for that...

Comment

Stupid from Doherty there. 3-0 up and a couple of minutes left there really is no reason to make a challenge like that.

Comment

Hooray, Hooray, Lurgan Flopp must stay

Comment

Working...
                                                  X