Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games you chose not to attend (and always regretted...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 26th 2000, West Ham home to Wimbledon. Game finishes 2-1 to West Ham and I watched it in the pub in Dorset instead of going.
    The regret being, that was the day di Canio scored THAT goal and I had decided to miss it. When you consider he is my all-time hero in claret and blue, I am still mortified that I missed that in the flesh

Comment

I'd forgotten about this but it came back to me earlier. Friday 27 February 2004 and two days before my lot were due in Cardiff for a League Cup final. My Hereford mates asked if I fancied going to Dagenham to see the game against the Bulls. I was keen at first, but I'd been to Dagenham before, it was cold, and I'd had a hard week so I decided to give it a miss. But the game was televised so I went to the pub and asked them to put it on. No one else in the pub was interested in a Conference game, but by the time Hereford scored their ninth they were all watching.

Comment

cowdenbeaths away play off win against dunfermline.my missus had sacked me the day before and i wasnt in the mood
        italia 90 with scotland

Comment

Working...
        X