• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Like Tony the Tiger?
    Think of the sound as more like hocking up some phlegm from the back of your throat while trying to pronounce a "G" sound.

You won't be far away.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Not really a transfer as such because he's been a free agent since leaving us in July, but Bolton have signed Kieran Lee. Lucky devils, he was bloody brilliant for us, albeit never quite recovered from a series of injuries.

Leave a comment:

• MarkF
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    Newport County have had five loan players recalled by their parent clubs, including Swansea recalling Bradley Cooper due to our defensive injury crisis.
    ...so we might have an outside chance of a win? Good to hear...

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Originally posted by Wouter D View Post

The name is Grot. Jay Grot.

That works quite well for the O sound, but this guy being a Dutchman, you will want to make the G sound as nasty as you can possibly imagine and then nasty it up a little bit more.
    Like Tony the Tiger?

Leave a comment:

• Wouter D
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think so, though Wouter D can no doubt confirm for certain.
    The name is Grot. Jay Grot.

That works quite well for the O sound, but this guy being a Dutchman, you will want to make the G sound as nasty as you can possibly imagine and then nasty it up a little bit more.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Brandon Williams, Phil Jones and Jesse Lingard linked with Newcastle as they try to usurp Sunderland as "Manchester United North".

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    I love Felipe Anderson. He decided that he didn't much fancy it when kicked up in the air by Phil Bardsley in late December 2018. And by "it", I mean completely disappearing from minute 1 of the the same fixture 12 months later.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    West Ham have started a clear out. Robert Snodgrass is going to West Brom for a nominal fee as his contract is up in June and Sebastien Haller looks likely to go to Ajax for less than half of the ?45m West Ham paid just a year and a half ago.
    And they still have to offload Felipe Anderson, apparently due back early from a disastrous loan spell at Porto where the sulky fuck couldn't even make the bench. Unlike the Haller deal (where a 50% loss could be regarded as better than they might have expected given his poor form and attitude), they will struggle to get a quarter of the 36M they paid Lazio for him.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    Newport County have had five loan players recalled by their parent clubs, including Swansea recalling Bradley Cooper due to our defensive injury crisis.

Kasey Palmer has gone back to Bristol City, recalled apparently but we also wanted to move on at least one of the loan players as we search for a striker.
    Bradley Cooper. I bet he never gets any stick.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    Jay-Roy Grot (Leeds). That's a name to conjure with. He's Dutch, of course.

This will delight Reggie Perrin fans.

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 08-01-2021, 12:06.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied

I don't know much about Dutch pronunciation, but I'm really hoping it's pronounced Groot.
    Unfortunately I don't think so, though Wouter D can no doubt confirm for certain.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    I don't know much about Dutch pronunciation, but I'm really hoping it's pronounced Groot.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    The Cum-dog is apparently going back to Hibs on loan.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    West Ham have started a clear out. Robert Snodgrass is going to West Brom for a nominal fee as his contract is up in June and Sebastien Haller looks likely to go to Ajax for less than half of the ?45m West Ham paid just a year and a half ago.

Leave a comment:

• JM Footzee
    replied
    At the end of the transfer window in October I collated a list of players at current Premier League clubs who were loaned out in 2019-20 (plus a few 18-19 loanees still on their club's fringes) who hadn't got a loan this season. I've polished it today and here it is. I'm not sure what it tells us especially, beyond that Newcastle and Everton have done badly at shedding their cast-offs. Ah well, here it is anyway.

- Year of birth in brackets (^=b.Jan-Aug/v=Sep-Dec)
    - Inclusion criteria: League Two and above or overseas professional leagues

+ = last loan was 18/19 (included here if ostensibly a youth player and/or not getting first team games, all other players 19-20 loanees)
    * = last loan was straight after joining club
    ~ = loaned out in January 2021 window
    ! = played in cups and/or league sub appearances in 20-21
    !! = started in league in 20-21

Arsenal: Mohamed Elneny!! (92^), Eddie Nketiah!! (99^), William Saliba*~ (01^), Emile Smith Rowe!! (00^)
    Aston Villa: Lovre Kalinic~ (GK, 90^), Jacob Ramsey!! (01^)
    Brighton: Florin Andone (93^), Alexis Mac Allister!! (98v), Jayson Molumby!~ (99v), Robert Sanchez!! (GK, 97v), Max Sanders! (99^), Christian Walton (GK, 95v), Ben White!! (97v)
    Burnley: Josh Benson!! (99v), Jimmy Dunne!! (97v), Anthony Glennon! (99v)
    Chelsea: Charlie Brown (99v), Danny Drinkwater (90^), Charly Musonda (96v), Baba Rahman (94^), Dujon Sterling (99v)
    C Palace: Scott Banks* (01v), Nya Kirby!+ (00^), Connor Wickham (93^), Sam Woods! (98v)
    Everton: Beni Baningime+ (98v), Muhamed Besic (92v), Yannick Bolasie (89^), Josh Bowler (99^), Nathan Broadhead (98^), Jonjoe Kenny!! (97^), Jonas Lossl (GK 89^), Matthew Pennington~ (94v), Cenk Tosun! (91^), Joao Virginia (GK, 99v)
    Fulham: Fabri (GK 87v), Aboubakar Kamara!!+ (95^), Jean Michael Seri! (91^), Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa!! (95v)
    Leeds: Ouasim Bouy+ (93^), Jay-Roy Grot (98^), Conor Shaughnessy (96^)
    Leicester: Admiral Muskwe~ (98^), Layton Ndukwu (98v), Islam Slimani! (88^)
    Liverpool: Liam Millar~ (99v), Nathaniel Phillips!! (97^)
    Man City: Claudio Gomes (00^), Philippe Sandler (97^), Zack Steffen!! (GK, 95^), Collins Tanor+ (98^)
    Man Utd: Dean Henderson!! (97^), Marcos Rojo (90^)
    Newcastle: Rolando Aarons (95v), Achraf Lazaar (92^), Jacob Murphy!! (95^), Henri Saivet+ (90v)
    Sheffield Utd: Kean Bryan!! (96v)
    Southampton: Fraser Forster!! (GK, 88^), Sam McQueen+ (95^), Kayne Ramsay (00v), Callum Slattery (99^)
    Tottenham: Jack Clarke (00v), Anthony Georgiou (97^), George Marsh (98v), Danny Rose (90^)
    West Brom: Sam Field! (98^)
    West Ham: Oladapo Afolayan (97v), Aji Alese! (01^), Conor Coventry! (00^), Nathan Holland (98^), Nathan Trott (GK, 98v)
    Wolves: Sadou Diallo (99^), Luke Matheson* (02v), Roderick (91^)

Notes:
    *I wasn't quite clear on the location of Daniel Wang (Wolves) so left him out. I think he's back there after spending 2020 in the Chinese second tier.
    *For the sake of time, I cut players with loans to leagues that weren't fully professional. This means no Rhys Williams (Liverpool/Kidderminster), for example. I also didn't include anyone who didn't end up playing for a professional club and hasn't had professional games previously. Brandon Austin (Tottenham/Viborg) is the only example I can think of, but this covers me if there's any others I didn't spot by virtue of their lack of a Wikipedia profile.
    *I forget the process for which 18-19 loanees I included, Kamara is probably an edge case
    Last edited by JM Footzee; 02-02-2021, 00:23.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Reuben Reid has moved to Yeovil from Cheltenham.

No surprise really, we haven't been able to hit a barn door in recent weeks and he still couldn't get in the team. A big wage off the books as well.

Championship loanee on the way in apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied

Kasey Palmer has gone back to Bristol City, recalled apparently but we also wanted to move on at least one of the loan players as we search for a striker.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Shame, especially as Simeone has always been such a paragon of virtue

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Can someone guide me to the thread where we discuss how dim Kieran Trippier is? Or, in fact, how Simeone is such a bare face liar claiming he doesn't deserve banned for something you can go to prison for in financial markets?

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Well as I noted on the League One thread, Lincoln have signed 18 year old forward Morgan Rogers from Man City on loan till end of the season. Very exciting prospect of having both he and Brennan Johnson (if he stays) running at defenders.
    Ethan Ross, who was our second choice keeper has been loaned out to Weymouth in the Conference.

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    The process of "handing in a transfer request" has changed a bit over the years...

https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/1346779163177459712?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    I think the problem is that he's a rapist, tbh.
    Agreed. He's scum and shouldn't be playing for any team.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    I think the problem is that he's a rapist, tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Preston signing the rapist? Lovely. Scum.
    The problem is that whatever we may feel, know or think, he was found not guilty. The law may suck but that's what we have.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X