Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Bright Osayi-Samuel leaves London for İstanbul, he joins Fenerbahce.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    Chelsea have sold forward Charlie Brown to Franchise for a nominal fee. In fact you could say they've sold him for peanuts.

Bit surprised about that. I thought he had possibilities.

Piazon has gone too. Braga. Pleased that he's made a permanent move and will hopefully kick on.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Chelsea have sold forward Charlie Brown to Franchise for a nominal fee. In fact you could say they've sold him for peanuts.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Austin did his shoulder early in his career - I want to say even before he joined us and that was 2011. Before leaving for QPR in 2014 he failed a medical elsewhere - Hull, maybe? Basically he’s been broken pretty much his entire career, which is a shame because I think that he’s a natural scorer at any level.
    Yeah it was Hull. It was unlikely we could have afforded him back then otherwise. He's on loan until the end of the season, seems likely WBA are picking up a good part of his salary.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Reginald Christ

ursus, do you or any of our other seasoned La Liga watchers have any articles about this aspect of Simeone that you'd recommend reading? I've long harboured a grim admiration for Cholo and his Atletico Madrid side but it's probably time I took off the blinkers.
    Hah, good man. Any philosophy that seems to be primarily composed of toxic masculinity likely comes from a very dark place.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    There are a variety of opinions about the Trippier story, safe to say.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Austin did his shoulder early in his career - I want to say even before he joined us and that was 2011. Before leaving for QPR in 2014 he failed a medical elsewhere - Hull, maybe? Basically he’s been broken pretty much his entire career, which is a shame because I think that he’s a natural scorer at any level.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Not exactly transfer news, but related. Ya Ya Toure's our new defensive coach(!) Mostly be working with the kids apparently. Frankly I wish he was playing for us, he's better than anyone else back there.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    He was beaten up pretty badly when he was with us before. I remember one match when he had to remove his shirt and had strapping all over his upper body. Injuries will wear anyone down eventually, it's another reason I'm not sure he'll be the saviour some fans believe.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    Based on Wiki figures, he seems to average about one goal per four games in the top flight, versus one in two outside. If he gets back to one in two for QPR he's a bargain but it's been almost exactly five years since he was there (January 16, 2016, so five years minus 7 days).
    He seems to have suffered from a lot of injuries in the premier league. His first season in the premier league he got 18 goals in 35 league games. he struggled to play more than 20 pl games in the seasons after that.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Carlton Morris Norwich to Barnsley https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021...ermanent-deal/

Unfortunately he had been on loan at Franchise, having previously spent loan time at Rotherham. His goals per game are not great.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 10-01-2021, 13:51.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Based on Wiki figures, he seems to average about one goal per four games in the top flight, versus one in two outside. If he gets back to one in two for QPR he's a bargain but it's been almost exactly five years since he was there (January 16, 2016, so five years minus 7 days).
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 10-01-2021, 13:35.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    If coming back doesn’t give him a boost nothing will.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Yeah, he's been in and out of West Brom's team this season, mostly the latter. There have been off-field issues and also rumours he's lost interest. We'll see I guess

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    I am amazed to realise he was a) hitherto still at a PL club and b) only 31.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    QPR sign Charlie Austin. No details yet.

I'm never comfortable with bringing successful and well-liked players back. It rarely seems to work out. But we badly need someone who can score goals. All three of our strikers missed gilt edged opportunities against Fulham today, we're relegation fodder if it isn't turned around.

Leave a comment:

• fatbear
    replied
    Originally posted by Wouter D View Post

A Flemish G maybe, but a Dutch G definitely not. Have a listen to the bit from 51 second until 55 second in this video for the proper Dutch G.
    geel, heel and geil all sound the same to me !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Aitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
    Sebastien Haller looks likely to go to Ajax for less than half of the ?45m West Ham paid just a year and a half ago.
    The ups and downs of transfer fees.

Ajax bought Seb Haller for 22 million euros, making him the most expensive signing ever in the Eredivisie. Seb broke though on loan at Utrecht, he was the fans' player of the season in 2015. At the end of the loan period, just after the Charlie Hebdo killings, Utrecht fans raised money to keep him at the club by selling T-shirts at 10 euros a pop. Utrecht sold him to Eintracht Frankfurt for 7 million.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied

Like Tony the Tiger?
    Honey his name's Jay Grot not Frosty Flakes.

Leave a comment:

• Wouter D
    replied
    Like Tony the Tiger?
    I don't know what Tony the Tiger sounds like, so, sure, why not?

Leave a comment:

• Wouter D
    replied
    Originally posted by fatbear View Post
    A dDutch G is a bit like a H in English
    A Flemish G maybe, but a Dutch G definitely not. Have a listen to the bit from 51 second until 55 second in this video for the proper Dutch G.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    We had an art teacher whom the kids nicknamed Grot.

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    Originally posted by longeared View Post
    Not really a transfer as such because he's been a free agent since leaving us in July, but Bolton have signed Kieran Lee. Lucky devils, he was bloody brilliant for us, albeit never quite recovered from a series of injuries.
    He seems to be really popular amongst the Owls fans. It's a bit of a punt for us in that he takes a squad place up while there's doubts about his fitness and it's an 18 month contract. Our last such punt was Jan Kirchoff from Sunderland where you could see he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch but his legs were made from wafers.

Leave a comment:

• fatbear
    replied
    A dDutch G is a bit like a H in English

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    That feels like it might hurt my throat, and saying it like Tony the Tiger has already burrowed its way into my brain and isn't going away.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X