No announcement yet.

Ozil on the Move: The 2021 Transfer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QPR sign Stefan Johansen from Fulham. A desperation move, but two of our midfielders are out with long-term injuries so someone was needed.

Comment

Blimey he retired from F1 decades ago. I know the wannabe Hoops are desperate but really.

Comment

Jason Cummings has left Shrewsbury and signed for Dundee. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand he didn't score a lot of goals or play particularly well. On the other hand he's the reason I saw Shrewsbury play at Anfield, and he was the sort of dickhead who would get himself booked walking round the pitch after being subbed then grin mischeivously at the Salop away following as he walked past them and to be honest I loved that about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Jason Cummings has left Shrewsbury and signed for Dundee. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand he didn't score a lot of goals or play particularly well. On the other hand he's the reason I saw Shrewsbury play at Anfield, and he was the sort of dickhead who would get himself booked walking round the pitch after being subbed then grin mischeivously at the Salop away following as he walked past them and to be honest I loved that about him.
          Or to quote Mrs Thistle "are you sad because your village has sold its idiot?"

I kinda am.

Comment

Despite rumours that Lincoln were on cusp of signing Michael Mancienne, Michael Appleton has clarified that he's simply training with the club to get fit, as he is now a free agent. He's also Jorge Grant's brother in law and think has played with Liam Bridcutt before (at Forest?), so can understand the links. Aside from Bridcutt, it's not typical of MA to sign players over 30, but I could see Mancienne signing as cover for TJ Eyoma at RB till the end of the season. Club had hoped we'd have one or two signings in this week, but now it's unlikely before Monday. Could do with the cover at the back and another striker, unless Callum Morton is back with us from February. Think he was having rehab back at WBA for his shoulder injury.

Comment

Cheltenham are set to sign forward Sam Smith on loan from Reading until the end of the season. We've also got Derick Osei of Oxford on trial it seems.

Comment

The Salop rumour-mill is running at full capacity over the possibility of Will Grigg signing.

Comment

Having spent the last few transfer windows not spending any money, the new Burnley owners are linked with not spending any money on Jonjoe Kenny from Everton and Nathan Collins from Stoke. Both would be much needed signings but I can't see us adding to the pile of 6 (SIX) Premier League transfers so far in this window.

We've also been linked with Josh King. Presumably by his agent, who appears to be operating under the delusion that we'd be happy to pay him two and a half times more than our current highest paid player.

Comment

Is the current transfer window a "normal" one, i.e. closes for the PL and FL at the end of this month?

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                      Despite rumours that Lincoln were on cusp of signing Michael Mancienne, Michael Appleton has clarified that he's simply training with the club to get fit, as he is now a free agent. He's also Jorge Grant's brother in law and think has played with Liam Bridcutt before (at Forest?), so can understand the links. Aside from Bridcutt, it's not typical of MA to sign players over 30, but I could see Mancienne signing as cover for TJ Eyoma at RB till the end of the season. Club had hoped we'd have one or two signings in this week, but now it's unlikely before Monday. Could do with the cover at the back and another striker, unless Callum Morton is back with us from February. Think he was having rehab back at WBA for his shoulder injury.
                      Mancienne and Bridcutt probably played together at Chelsea.

Comment

Looks like Jesse Lingard to West Ham on a season's loan may be a done deal. I'm not really sure where he fits into a side that is playing very well at the moment, or even whether he is still the player that he was given that he's hardly figured for Utd in the last 18 months or so. On the other hand, it's rumoured to be a deal that David Moyes wanted rather than something that Sullivan has presented as a fait accompli, so that as least indicates that there is some thought behind it. What we really need though is another striker to challenge for Antonio's place and some central midfield cover for Rice or Soucek. If either of those is injured we're looking at Mark Noble to fill in - a club legend and guaranteed to run his socks off but sadly those socks are on legs that appear to have gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          Is the current transfer window a "normal" one, i.e. closes for the PL and FL at the end of this month?
                          Ray, use the correct terminology please the transfer window doesn’t just close, it “slams shut” to use the words of Sky Sports, Talksport etc.

Comment

The window slams shut at 11pm on Monday night.

Comment

Apparently Liverpool are considering signing Sokratis.

I was under the impression that signings were supposed to help solve problems, but what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                Apparently Liverpool are considering signing Sokratis.

I was under the impression that signings were supposed to help solve problems, but what do I know?
                                God that isn't true is it? I know it was brought up somewhere last week, but I thought it was just one of those leftfield things quickly dismissed.

Comment

Originally posted by gjw100 View Post
                                  Looks like Jesse Lingard to West Ham on a season's loan may be a done deal. I'm not really sure where he fits into a side that is playing very well at the moment, or even whether he is still the player that he was given that he's hardly figured for Utd in the last 18 months or so. On the other hand, it's rumoured to be a deal that David Moyes wanted rather than something that Sullivan has presented as a fait accompli, so that as least indicates that there is some thought behind it. What we really need though is another striker to challenge for Antonio's place and some central midfield cover for Rice or Soucek. If either of those is injured we're looking at Mark Noble to fill in - a club legend and guaranteed to run his socks off but sadly those socks are on legs that appear to have gone.
                                  Was going to said that they already had two players on a season long loan, but they signed benhrama permanently yesterday. Not sure what the point of this is. Jesse lingard needs a run of games in a settled team to get back near where he was. This is unlikely to happen at West ham, and it would be madness to attempt it.

Comment

Doncaster have signed Omar Bogle today. Add that to the renewal of Josh Sims loan from Southampton and the signing of John Bostock and the loss of captain Ben Whiteman to Preston has been a bit easier to swallow

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post

God that isn't true is it? I know it was brought up somewhere last week, but I thought it was just one of those leftfield things quickly dismissed.
                                      Well, it's "gossip" so who knows? Although I would point out that Liverpool's past record of panic buying hasn't ever really worked out, and that leads me to believe that anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Not sure what the point of this is. Jesse Lingard needs a run of games in a settled team to get back near where he was. This is unlikely to happen at West Ham, and it would be madness to attempt it.
                                        Have to agree, Berba. Moyes won't change the way he's set the team up with a lone striker - a formation that has proved very successful so far. Lingard won't graft like Bowen or Fornals, and he hasn't the creativity of Benrahma, so it's difficult to see where he fits. A 1.5 million loan fee and 75k per week wages seems a lot to pay for someone warming the bench for the next four-and-a-bit months.

Comment

Sokratis has signed for Olympiacos, which apparently was his plan all along - the Liverpool contact appears to have been Klopp checking the welfare of a former player and to confirm what his plans were, rather than a serious attempt to sign him.

Comment

Liverpool need not despair- Mustafi is available.
                                            Although maybe his Everton connections will scupper a move for him.

Comment

So is Phil Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                                Cheltenham are set to sign forward Sam Smith on loan from Reading until the end of the season. We've also got Derick Osei of Oxford on trial it seems.
                                                Sam Smith has signed on loan. As has the fantastically named Indiana Vassilev from Aston Villa. Again, until the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post

Sam Smith has signed on loan. As has the fantastically named Indiana Vassilev from Aston Villa. Again, until the end of the season.
                                                  Although his dad calls him Henry Vassilev Junior

Comment

Lincoln have signed Regan Poole on a permanent deal from Franchise. Suppose he'll act as cover for TJ Eyoma at right back, but may very well be his replacement next season (assuming he goes back to Spurs), or play at centre back.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X