No announcement yet.

Ozil on the Move: The 2021 Transfer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly transfer news, but related. Ya Ya Toure's our new defensive coach(!) Mostly be working with the kids apparently. Frankly I wish he was playing for us, he's better than anyone else back there.

Comment

Austin did his shoulder early in his career - I want to say even before he joined us and that was 2011. Before leaving for QPR in 2014 he failed a medical elsewhere - Hull, maybe? Basically he’s been broken pretty much his entire career, which is a shame because I think that he’s a natural scorer at any level.

Comment

There are a variety of opinions about the Trippier story, safe to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Christ

ursus, do you or any of our other seasoned La Liga watchers have any articles about this aspect of Simeone that you'd recommend reading? I've long harboured a grim admiration for Cholo and his Atletico Madrid side but it's probably time I took off the blinkers.
          Hah, good man. Any philosophy that seems to be primarily composed of toxic masculinity likely comes from a very dark place.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            Austin did his shoulder early in his career - I want to say even before he joined us and that was 2011. Before leaving for QPR in 2014 he failed a medical elsewhere - Hull, maybe? Basically he’s been broken pretty much his entire career, which is a shame because I think that he’s a natural scorer at any level.
            Yeah it was Hull. It was unlikely we could have afforded him back then otherwise. He's on loan until the end of the season, seems likely WBA are picking up a good part of his salary.

Comment

Chelsea have sold forward Charlie Brown to Franchise for a nominal fee. In fact you could say they've sold him for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                Chelsea have sold forward Charlie Brown to Franchise for a nominal fee. In fact you could say they've sold him for peanuts.

Bit surprised about that. I thought he had possibilities.

Piazon has gone too. Braga. Pleased that he's made a permanent move and will hopefully kick on.

Comment

Bright Osayi-Samuel leaves London for İstanbul, he joins Fenerbahce.

Comment

Robbie Gotts got recalled from Lincoln by Leeds, and subsequently has been loaned out to Salford. Presumably Salford will give him more game time, and contribute to his wages, who knows? Decent player, but we have plenty competition in centre of midfield, but was useful cover at RB too. What with Aaron Lewis being told to find a new club, we could do with cover for TJ Eyoma.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                      Robbie Gotts got recalled from Lincoln by Leeds, and subsequently has been loaned out to Salford. Presumably Salford will give him more game time, and contribute to his wages, who knows? Decent player, but we have plenty competition in centre of midfield, but was useful cover at RB too. What with Aaron Lewis being told to find a new club, we could do with cover for TJ Eyoma.
                      We've just taken a young Irish lad, Zac Elbouzadi, on loan from Lincoln. Do you know much about him? I imagine he's finding it hard to break into your high flying side at the moment hence him getting a chance with us.

Edit- he starts today
                      Last edited by Foot of Astaire's; 16-01-2021, 15:02.

Comment

Zac was really good in the League of Ireland with Waterford, and with the Irish u21s. Fast and direct winger, should be able to do a job for you.

Comment

Mesut Ozil is expected to sign for Fenerbahce on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post

We've just taken a young Irish lad, Zac Elbouzadi, on loan from Lincoln. Do you know much about him? I imagine he's finding it hard to break into your high flying side at the moment hence him getting a chance with us.

Edit- he starts today
                            He has been red hot in the Papa John's Trophy and was MOTM on Tuesday's win against Stanley, but he's barely featured in the league. We have loads of options on the left side of attack and i'm sad to see him go out on loan, but at least he'll get game time. He's exceptionally fast.

Comment

Simeone's main crime over here has always been 'getting Beckham sent off' in 98

Comment

Another player leaving England for Turkey is Danny Drinkwater, he's signed on loan until the end of the season with Kasımpaşa

Comment

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has returned from Ajax to Schalke. I'm a big fan of this.

Comment

Mat Ryan moves to Arsenal from Brighton on loan...........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55767071

Comment

Originally posted by fatbear View Post
                                      Mat Ryan moves to Arsenal from Brighton on loan...........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55767071
                                      Mat or Maty. This guy is not a big fan of the second T

Seems a good move for player and both clubs, Arsenal needed proper backup and competition for Leno after the Icelandic kid didn't work out, and Ryan ticks all the boxes in terms of PL and international experience. I hadn't realised he'd been dropped from the Brighton squad completely, presumably there was a serious falling out between him and Potter.

Comment

Arsenal trying to get Odergaard out from under Sociedad’s noses.
                                        Arsenal are pushing to sign the Real Madrid playmaker Martin ?degaard on loan, with optimism growing that they will beat Real Sociedad to his signature

Comment

Rafa Benitez is available again after leaving his China job.

Comment

Various outlets are confirming Mesut ?zil has finalised his move to Fenerbahce.
                                            He was signed as a star, the one for those younger Arsenal players to look to on the pitch, but to me he more closely resembled another one of Wengers talented but lightweight footballers.
                                            I note the impact Bruno Fernandes - a player who came with a fraction of ?zil's reputation - and the manner in which he has dragged United through games, and believe ?zil could have had a similar impact, indeed you'd see it occasionally, but almost exclusively against teams out of form.
                                            One thing I'd occasionally see rumours of was that ?zil fancied himself as a ladies man, and was perhaps enjoying a few too many late nights, which would explain a few things.
                                            Goodbye Mesut, you massive, massive lightweight.

Comment

For me he was emblematic of the problems with Arsenal. He's a great player, but completely not what they've needed for the last decade or so and he's cost them a fortune in doing so.

Comment

Wednesday have signed Sam Hutchinson, who has been a free agent since his contract at Paphos was cancelled over Christmas. He'd been playing in Cyprus since the summer when he was released by, erm, us. This doesn't exactly strike me as being a particularly strategic piece of thinking.

Anyway, if we're going to buy players from the Cypriot league, can we go and get Nuhiu back given that he's being confined to the APOEL bench?

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                                  Wednesday have signed Sam Hutchinson, who has been a free agent since his contract at Paphos was cancelled over Christmas. He'd been playing in Cyprus since the summer when he was released by, erm, us. This doesn't exactly strike me as being a particularly strategic piece of thinking.

Anyway, if we're going to buy players from the Cypriot league, can we go and get Nuhiu back given that he's being confined to the APOEL bench?
                                                  I don't think he'd qualify for a work permit under the new regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                    For me he was emblematic of the problems with Arsenal. He's a great player, but completely not what they've needed for the last decade or so and he's cost them a fortune in doing so.
                                                    One thing Real Madrid do seem to know is when to dump a Galactico. it seems there very rarely is anywhere near the value left that the buyer believes there to be.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X