Ozil on the Move: The 2021 Transfer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozil on the Move: The 2021 Transfer Window

Mesut ?zil and others to be moved out from Arsenal, I wonder if this will be the quietest window yet?

Snake Plissken please could you change it to an O, the board doesn't like the diacritical marks.

Comment

Ozil's friend/protector Sead Kolasinac has aready returned to Schalke on loan, which suggests Mesut will follow soon. Juventus being suggested as a destination, at the same time as they are trying to move on fellow WC 2010 star Sami Khedira, which makes little sense, except that they pay all of Khedira's wages, whereas Arsenal would pay most of Ozil's whack, desperate as they are to get him out of the club.

Comment

I've just noticed Rogin the Armchair fan has already started a transfer window thread, apologies.

Comment

Mine was a wider question about how Brexit will affect the British transfer market, so not about individual transfer speculation.

So, is Paul Pogba still going to be a Man United player by the time we wake up tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
            So, is Paul Pogba still going to be a Man United player by the time we wake up tomorrow?

More than likely. That shit will probably carry on until the end of the month then collapse over who should pay for the pizzas they ordered whilst they were negotiating the transfer.

Comment

Preston apparently set to sign Ched Evans from Fleetwood which may not be their most endearing move.

Comment

Steve Seddon has been recalled by Birmingham.

Preston signing the rapist? Lovely. Scum.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Preston signing the rapist? Lovely. Scum.
                  The problem is that whatever we may feel, know or think, he was found not guilty. The law may suck but that's what we have.

Comment

I think the problem is that he's a rapist, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                      I think the problem is that he's a rapist, tbh.
                      Agreed. He's scum and shouldn't be playing for any team.

Comment

The process of "handing in a transfer request" has changed a bit over the years...

https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/1346779163177459712?s=20

Comment

Well as I noted on the League One thread, Lincoln have signed 18 year old forward Morgan Rogers from Man City on loan till end of the season. Very exciting prospect of having both he and Brennan Johnson (if he stays) running at defenders.
                          Ethan Ross, who was our second choice keeper has been loaned out to Weymouth in the Conference.

Comment

Can someone guide me to the thread where we discuss how dim Kieran Trippier is? Or, in fact, how Simeone is such a bare face liar claiming he doesn't deserve banned for something you can go to prison for in financial markets?

Comment

Shame, especially as Simeone has always been such a paragon of virtue

Comment

Newport County have had five loan players recalled by their parent clubs, including Swansea recalling Bradley Cooper due to our defensive injury crisis.

Kasey Palmer has gone back to Bristol City, recalled apparently but we also wanted to move on at least one of the loan players as we search for a striker.

Comment

Reuben Reid has moved to Yeovil from Cheltenham.

No surprise really, we haven't been able to hit a barn door in recent weeks and he still couldn't get in the team. A big wage off the books as well.

Championship loanee on the way in apparently.

Comment

At the end of the transfer window in October I collated a list of players at current Premier League clubs who were loaned out in 2019-20 (plus a few 18-19 loanees still on their club's fringes) who hadn't got a loan this season. I've polished it today and here it is. I'm not sure what it tells us especially, beyond that Newcastle and Everton have done badly at shedding their cast-offs. Ah well, here it is anyway.

- Year of birth in brackets (^=b.Jan-Aug/v=Sep-Dec)
                                    - Inclusion criteria: League Two and above or overseas professional leagues

+ = last loan was 18/19 (included here if ostensibly a youth player and/or not getting first team games, all other players 19-20 loanees)
                                    * = last loan was straight after joining club
                                    ~ = loaned out in January 2021 window
                                    ! = played in cups and/or league sub appearances in 20-21
                                    !! = started in league in 20-21

Arsenal: Mohamed Elneny!! (92^), Eddie Nketiah!! (99^), William Saliba*~ (01^), Emile Smith Rowe!! (00^)
                                    Aston Villa: Lovre Kalinic~ (GK, 90^), Jacob Ramsey!! (01^)
                                    Brighton: Florin Andone (93^), Alexis Mac Allister!! (98v), Jayson Molumby!~ (99v), Robert Sanchez!! (GK, 97v), Max Sanders! (99^), Christian Walton (GK, 95v), Ben White!! (97v)
                                    Burnley: Josh Benson!! (99v), Jimmy Dunne!! (97v), Anthony Glennon! (99v)
                                    Chelsea: Charlie Brown (99v), Danny Drinkwater (90^), Charly Musonda (96v), Baba Rahman (94^), Dujon Sterling (99v)
                                    C Palace: Scott Banks* (01v), Nya Kirby!+ (00^), Connor Wickham (93^), Sam Woods! (98v)
                                    Everton: Beni Baningime+ (98v), Muhamed Besic (92v), Yannick Bolasie (89^), Josh Bowler (99^), Nathan Broadhead (98^), Jonjoe Kenny!! (97^), Jonas Lossl (GK 89^), Matthew Pennington~ (94v), Cenk Tosun! (91^), Joao Virginia (GK, 99v)
                                    Fulham: Fabri (GK 87v), Aboubakar Kamara!!+ (95^), Jean Michael Seri! (91^), Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa!! (95v)
                                    Leeds: Ouasim Bouy+ (93^), Jay-Roy Grot (98^), Conor Shaughnessy (96^)
                                    Leicester: Admiral Muskwe~ (98^), Layton Ndukwu (98v), Islam Slimani! (88^)
                                    Liverpool: Liam Millar~ (99v), Nathaniel Phillips!! (97^)
                                    Man City: Claudio Gomes (00^), Philippe Sandler (97^), Zack Steffen!! (GK, 95^), Collins Tanor+ (98^)
                                    Man Utd: Dean Henderson!! (97^), Marcos Rojo (90^)
                                    Newcastle: Rolando Aarons (95v), Achraf Lazaar (92^), Jacob Murphy!! (95^), Henri Saivet+ (90v)
                                    Sheffield Utd: Kean Bryan!! (96v)
                                    Southampton: Fraser Forster!! (GK, 88^), Sam McQueen+ (95^), Kayne Ramsay (00v), Callum Slattery (99^)
                                    Tottenham: Jack Clarke (00v), Anthony Georgiou (97^), George Marsh (98v), Danny Rose (90^)
                                    West Brom: Sam Field! (98^)
                                    West Ham: Oladapo Afolayan (97v), Aji Alese! (01^), Conor Coventry! (00^), Nathan Holland (98^), Nathan Trott (GK, 98v)
                                    Wolves: Sadou Diallo (99^), Luke Matheson* (02v), Roderick (91^)

Notes:
                                    *I wasn't quite clear on the location of Daniel Wang (Wolves) so left him out. I think he's back there after spending 2020 in the Chinese second tier.
                                    *For the sake of time, I cut players with loans to leagues that weren't fully professional. This means no Rhys Williams (Liverpool/Kidderminster), for example. I also didn't include anyone who didn't end up playing for a professional club and hasn't had professional games previously. Brandon Austin (Tottenham/Viborg) is the only example I can think of, but this covers me if there's any others I didn't spot by virtue of their lack of a Wikipedia profile.
                                    *I forget the process for which 18-19 loanees I included, Kamara is probably an edge case
                                    Last edited by JM Footzee; 02-02-2021, 00:23.

Comment

West Ham have started a clear out. Robert Snodgrass is going to West Brom for a nominal fee as his contract is up in June and Sebastien Haller looks likely to go to Ajax for less than half of the ?45m West Ham paid just a year and a half ago.

Comment

Jay-Roy Grot (Leeds). That's a name to conjure with. He's Dutch, of course.

Comment

The Cum-dog is apparently going back to Hibs on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                            I don't know much about Dutch pronunciation, but I'm really hoping it's pronounced Groot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

I don't know much about Dutch pronunciation, but I'm really hoping it's pronounced Groot.
                                              Unfortunately I don't think so, though Wouter D can no doubt confirm for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

This will delight Reggie Perrin fans.

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 08-01-2021, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                                  Newport County have had five loan players recalled by their parent clubs, including Swansea recalling Bradley Cooper due to our defensive injury crisis.

Kasey Palmer has gone back to Bristol City, recalled apparently but we also wanted to move on at least one of the loan players as we search for a striker.
                                                  Bradley Cooper. I bet he never gets any stick.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X