Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simon G
    replied
    Cheltenham have signed Callum Wright from Leicester on loan until the end of the season. Know nothing of the lad whatsoever.

We're also set to sign a permanent striker - rumours of Nicky Maynard from Mansfield, but I honestly have no real idea

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Originally posted by Tony C View Post
    Winston Reid goes on loan from West Ham to Brentford. I genuinely didn't think he was still at West Ham, I haven't noticed him for a while. I used to think he was a very good defender and one that could get a place at any top PL side. Hope it works out for him
    Long-term injury, loaned out to MLS, came back, couldn't get in the team.

In more parochial news... we've signed Tyler French, a CB/RB from Bradford and Dior Angus, the now former Barrow striker. It's weird that we've actually signed two players who seem to have been playing regularly in League Two this season, instead of our usual method of trying to find rough diamonds in the divisions below.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Winston Reid goes on loan from West Ham to Brentford. I genuinely didn't think he was still at West Ham, I haven't noticed him for a while. I used to think he was a very good defender and one that could get a place at any top PL side. Hope it works out for him

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Meanwhile Lincoln have let go Welsh U21 right back Aaron Lewis. He played sparingly, occasionally getting game time in cups. It's a shame, because I think he is a decent player, and I would have preferred to have seen him play over Neal Eardley. He was never really in Michael Appleton's plans sadly and TJ Eyoma is an absolutely brilliant young player. Lewis was loaned to Newport earlier this season but didn't get much game time there either. I hope he finds his feet at some league club though, or National League side with aspirations of playing league football next year.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Lennell John-Lewis has rejoined Grimsby Town from Hereford https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/new...turns-to-town/ - maybe Hurst can coax Nathan Arnold away from managing Bourne Town next?

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    More a cheap stopgap than the answer, presumably. Though maybe he will prove me (and many others assuming the same) wrong. Good luck to him. I guess...

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    Ben Davies is apparently the answer to Liverpool's defensive problems. 2m quid from Preston. I didn't realise he'd left Spurs. And he hasn't, this is a different Ben Davies, an actual central defender.
    And before this weekend it seemed that Celtic were in pole position to sign him.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Ben Davies is apparently the answer to Liverpool's defensive problems. 2m quid from Preston. I didn't realise he'd left Spurs. And he hasn't, this is a different Ben Davies, an actual central defender.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Lincoln have signed Regan Poole on a permanent deal from Franchise. Suppose he'll act as cover for TJ Eyoma at right back, but may very well be his replacement next season (assuming he goes back to Spurs), or play at centre back.

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon G View Post

Sam Smith has signed on loan. As has the fantastically named Indiana Vassilev from Aston Villa. Again, until the end of the season.
    Although his dad calls him Henry Vassilev Junior

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon G View Post
    Cheltenham are set to sign forward Sam Smith on loan from Reading until the end of the season. We've also got Derick Osei of Oxford on trial it seems.
    Sam Smith has signed on loan. As has the fantastically named Indiana Vassilev from Aston Villa. Again, until the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    So is Phil Jones.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Liverpool need not despair- Mustafi is available.
    Although maybe his Everton connections will scupper a move for him.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Sokratis has signed for Olympiacos, which apparently was his plan all along - the Liverpool contact appears to have been Klopp checking the welfare of a former player and to confirm what his plans were, rather than a serious attempt to sign him.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Not sure what the point of this is. Jesse Lingard needs a run of games in a settled team to get back near where he was. This is unlikely to happen at West Ham, and it would be madness to attempt it.
    Have to agree, Berba. Moyes won't change the way he's set the team up with a lone striker - a formation that has proved very successful so far. Lingard won't graft like Bowen or Fornals, and he hasn't the creativity of Benrahma, so it's difficult to see where he fits. A 1.5 million loan fee and 75k per week wages seems a lot to pay for someone warming the bench for the next four-and-a-bit months.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Originally posted by RobW View Post

God that isn't true is it? I know it was brought up somewhere last week, but I thought it was just one of those leftfield things quickly dismissed.
    Well, it's "gossip" so who knows? Although I would point out that Liverpool's past record of panic buying hasn't ever really worked out, and that leads me to believe that anything is possible.

Leave a comment:

• Uros Predic
    replied
    Doncaster have signed Omar Bogle today. Add that to the renewal of Josh Sims loan from Southampton and the signing of John Bostock and the loss of captain Ben Whiteman to Preston has been a bit easier to swallow

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by gjw100 View Post
    Looks like Jesse Lingard to West Ham on a season's loan may be a done deal. I'm not really sure where he fits into a side that is playing very well at the moment, or even whether he is still the player that he was given that he's hardly figured for Utd in the last 18 months or so. On the other hand, it's rumoured to be a deal that David Moyes wanted rather than something that Sullivan has presented as a fait accompli, so that as least indicates that there is some thought behind it. What we really need though is another striker to challenge for Antonio's place and some central midfield cover for Rice or Soucek. If either of those is injured we're looking at Mark Noble to fill in - a club legend and guaranteed to run his socks off but sadly those socks are on legs that appear to have gone.
    Was going to said that they already had two players on a season long loan, but they signed benhrama permanently yesterday. Not sure what the point of this is. Jesse lingard needs a run of games in a settled team to get back near where he was. This is unlikely to happen at West ham, and it would be madness to attempt it.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    Apparently Liverpool are considering signing Sokratis.

I was under the impression that signings were supposed to help solve problems, but what do I know?
    God that isn't true is it? I know it was brought up somewhere last week, but I thought it was just one of those leftfield things quickly dismissed.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Apparently Liverpool are considering signing Sokratis.

I was under the impression that signings were supposed to help solve problems, but what do I know?

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    The window slams shut at 11pm on Monday night.

Leave a comment:

• DPDPDPDP
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Is the current transfer window a "normal" one, i.e. closes for the PL and FL at the end of this month?
    Ray, use the correct terminology please the transfer window doesn’t just close, it “slams shut” to use the words of Sky Sports, Talksport etc.

Leave a comment:

• gjw100
    replied
    Looks like Jesse Lingard to West Ham on a season's loan may be a done deal. I'm not really sure where he fits into a side that is playing very well at the moment, or even whether he is still the player that he was given that he's hardly figured for Utd in the last 18 months or so. On the other hand, it's rumoured to be a deal that David Moyes wanted rather than something that Sullivan has presented as a fait accompli, so that as least indicates that there is some thought behind it. What we really need though is another striker to challenge for Antonio's place and some central midfield cover for Rice or Soucek. If either of those is injured we're looking at Mark Noble to fill in - a club legend and guaranteed to run his socks off but sadly those socks are on legs that appear to have gone.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by RobW View Post
    Despite rumours that Lincoln were on cusp of signing Michael Mancienne, Michael Appleton has clarified that he's simply training with the club to get fit, as he is now a free agent. He's also Jorge Grant's brother in law and think has played with Liam Bridcutt before (at Forest?), so can understand the links. Aside from Bridcutt, it's not typical of MA to sign players over 30, but I could see Mancienne signing as cover for TJ Eyoma at RB till the end of the season. Club had hoped we'd have one or two signings in this week, but now it's unlikely before Monday. Could do with the cover at the back and another striker, unless Callum Morton is back with us from February. Think he was having rehab back at WBA for his shoulder injury.
    Mancienne and Bridcutt probably played together at Chelsea.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Is the current transfer window a "normal" one, i.e. closes for the PL and FL at the end of this month?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X