Nine of one, a dozen of the other: A-League & W-League season 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

Being pedantic here, Roy O Donovan was signed from Cork City, Roy Keane played for Cobh Ramblers.
    Had he not been at both?
    Our lot convinced themselves there had to be a reason other than plain stupidity combined with a total inability to recognise a footballer when he saw one.

Comment

Mr O'Donovan joined you from Cork City. Mr Keane joined Forest from Cobh. Cork City cuntishly tried to hijack the deal, claiming Keane had signed a pre contract agreement with them, they were told to fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
        Why the sudden CCM upturn? Youth?, experience?, fitness?, dead balls? ultra defensive? One stand out player? Luck?
        I was at a Boxing Day game at Sydney in the big ground off Oxford St/Rd? beyond Kings Cross a few years back. Two poor teams. Roy Keanes “help his old club out” with £250k of Sunderland’s money signing Roy ODonovan was upfront for CCM. He never touched the ball in the last 70 minutes.
        I’ve occasionally looked them up since and as you say they’ve been a basket case of a club ever since.
        This article from a couple of months ago sums up the resurrection of CCM perfectly. Unfortunately as soon as their season finished, coach Alen Stajcic quit, teenage sensation Alou Kuol has already signed for Stuttgart and a few others have left too. It could be similar to what happened to Newcastle Jets, who surprised everyone to reach to reach the 2017-18 Grand Final but then went back to being a basket case club almost immediately.

And talking of the Jets, it was in that Grand Final where Roy O' Donovan got sent off in injury-time with a truly atrocious studs up kick in the face of the Melbourne Victory 'keeper Lawrence Thomas (scroll along to the 4-minute mark). He got a 10-game ban for that. I saw Roy score in the flesh earlier this season against the Glory and he had a pretty decent season, scoring 12 goals. He might just have earned himself a moved back to Sunderland!

Comment

Working...
        X