X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSC Podcast E28

This is fantastic. My favourite so far by far:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/e28-or...aof-1dzGrNWJSc

It's the one podcast I listen to consistently. Only problem with this episode is that the mix is a mess. Everything is pushed to the right channel. I imported to Adobe Audition and there is only a small soundwave. The problem is easy to fix and the pod is much more enjoyable when fixed.

Comment

Interview with Harry Pearson

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...84OqfKHvC405F8

Comment

New live version this month:

We will soon be launching WSC Live events, and the first one will be a live recording of the WSC Podcast, which will be FREE and exclusively for WSC Supporters’ Club members at 7pm on Thursday, February 18.

Places for this “pilot” event are extremely limited, and will go live for your tier at midday on Tuesday, February 9 – we’ll send you a link then, so keep an eye on your emails.

Comment

I see it's sold out. Anyone from here got a ticket?

Comment

I got one this morning. I'll have to try to watch while teaching as it is from Noon to 1:30 MST.

Comment

I have the same conflict so you would have had to join midway through.

Comment

I decided to give it a miss. Or, rather, having my heating pack up caused me to take my eye off the ball.

Comment

Just finished the live WSC podcast. Very enjoyable. Did anyone else here make it?

Comment

Yeah, I made it for the first hour. Quite good.

Comment

I've just watched the recording. It's good to get visual confirmation that they really enjoy doing this podcast and that they gel very well. I'm not sure the videos work, unless it's different live (I've had the issue with Zoom in teaching: videos can work live but seem to be a struggle in a recorded lesson).

Comment

I have a question and - rather than start a new thread in books - I thought I may as well ask it here (while the thread is active, like).

I'd like to buy The Farther Corner (and, actually, to buy another copy of The Far Corner which has become lost to time) but I want to do so in a way that benefits Harry as much as possible (i.e. I don't want him getting a pittance from Amazon). I see from WSC that they have a link to buy the new book, which I'm more than happy to use, but ideas on the older one?
                        Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 23-02-2021, 13:16.

Comment

You could track down my ex-colleague Clare, and from there track down her ex-fiance whose name I've forgotten, and force him to give back my copy of The Far Corner that he borrowed 20 years ago and never gave back. If violence is involved, I would be fine with that.

It wouldn't help Harry P much, admittedly, but it would help me.

Comment

Amazon is not any cheaper in this case, at least in the US. $25.58 is the quoted price, which converts to around 18 quid.

However, I've just snapped up his Learie Constantine book for $3.99 on Kindle, and his cycling and other book are available here for similar prices.
                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 23-02-2021, 15:51.

Comment

Anyway, it's his birthday today. So many happy returns.

Comment

He's publishing with a larger press so I think your best bet will be to either purchase from WSC (that helps WSC as well) or to buy from an independent book store (again, you're helping someone else in the process). Some smaller presses will send copies of books to the authors that the authors can sell direct as long as the authors aren't competing with the press (e.g., the author consigns books with a local bookstore that would normally order from the publisher). Basically, the author has copies when they go on reading tours or the author does mail order through their own site. I don't think this situation applies to Harry but you could send him a direct message through Twitter or some other social media site. I know he's on twitter.

Comment

Cheers, all. I've bought the new book via WSC which pleases me, what pleases me less is that new copies of The Far Corner appear to not exist. Second-hand copies are available but a) I'm a bit funny about stuff like that and b) how much?!

No-one's fault, but I'm kicking myself for leaving my original copy on that train seat all those years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                    Cheers, all. I've bought the new book via WSC which pleases me, what pleases me less is that new copies of The Far Corner appear to not exist. Second-hand copies are available but a) I'm a bit funny about stuff like that and b) how much?!

No-one's fault, but I'm kicking myself for leaving my original copy on that train seat all those years ago.
                                    That sucks. I have the same concerns not having a clue where a couple of my KLF items are (including the Manual). Things get super valuable when you least expect it.

Comment

I have a letter in the new one (E33) at the very end of the episode.

Comment

E41 has just landed. There is one section, early on, that is unexpectedly dark (on royalty). It's definitely not just a jolly exercise in ironic nostalgia.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I always download them but never get round to listening - I'm about twenty behind.

Comment

It's the only podcast that I keep up with regularly. I'm usually about 4-5 days behind the download. The release schedule is good for me and the length is good as well. I like the content and the way they mix in interviews with fanzine makers. As I've posted below, there's a little too much magazine preview for me since I prefer the content to be unique. But this isn't a major concern, especially since whatever they previewed for the Euro Preview and the latest issue is previewing issues that have yet to arrive. For me the main part that lacks interest is the part about songs. I tend to use that time to surf the internet.

I only do the 40 minute episode so don't know what I'm missing with the extra 20 but 40 minutes is good for me.

Comment

EP 43 has an early report from Andy about this tweet with a map of non-league grounds where you can bring a dog.

https://twitter.com/BenChillingham/s...43308659310594

Comment

Forest Gump could presumably tell us whether Walthamstow are dog friendly, but I don't know how to do tagging.

(Relevant to my interests as I'm adopting a rescue chihuahua today, true story)

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                                                  Forest Gump could presumably tell us whether Walthamstow are dog friendly, but I don't know how to do tagging.

(Relevant to my interests as I'm adopting a rescue chihuahua today, true story)
                                                  If you know for sure that Walthamstow are dog friendly and the team is not listed on the map, tweet at the guy and he'll add the pin.

EDIT: And congrats about the dog adoption. Life is so much better with a dog.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X