No announcement yet.

Champions League knock out stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuckin Barcelona, not content with denying the world Mascherano in his prime position in his prime years, are playing Frenkie de Jong as a centreback.

Comment

Messi has scored an absolute thunderbastard and then contrived to miss a penalty in the first half against PSG, who seem intent on making 4 away goals appear to somehow not be enough.

Comment

PSG's tactics are odd. They could have killed the tie inside 15 minutes by continuing where they left off in the 1st leg. They are only getting away with this because of Barcelona's poor finishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
          If Liverpool or indeed Leipzig squeeze through tonight, I'll press the traditional OTF quote button tonight, TAB.
          This needs a drum roll really.

But in the way of a repeated fanfare blasted out of an ice cream van driving more in hope than expectation around a windy Lancastrian housing estate:

ANY BUNCH OF C***S CAN WIN THIS NOW
          Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 11-03-2021, 08:56.

Comment

As I asked elsewhere, is that a home win?

Comment

Yes apparently. But I don't think it lifts the curse of anfield
              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 10-03-2021, 23:50.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure.

Comment

I would argue that it doesn't apply to domestic competition

Comment

Unless, of course, they start to play all their home games in Budapest...

Comment

ANY BUNCH OF C***S CAN WIN THIS NOW
                      ...if Bayern Munich get kicked out on a technicality.

Comment

Atalanta keeper gives the ball to Modric: tie is now 2-0.

Benzema now on 70 goals (5th).

Comment

The first Man C goal was a Thundercunt by De Bruyne.

Comment

Great goal. Apparently that was City’s 100th of the season.

Of course, some of us passed that milestone a few weeks back.

Comment

I'm guessing that your tongue is firmly in your cheek and you're not suggesting that Spurs' season (12 games in the Europa: 37 goals) is comparable to Man City's (8 games in the ECL, thus far fewer goals). Domestically Man C are on 84 goals to Spurs' 66.
                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 16-03-2021, 23:07.

Comment

I never said I was ‘comparing’ anything. Just pointing out an indisputable fact.

Comment

I wasn't being serious. Spurs were handed a horrific schedule and this (plus Mourinho's tactics) explains why they've scored more goals in games outside the EPL than within it (47 v 56).

In fact I wonder if any English club has passed 100 goals in a season with less than 50% being in the league. It suggests a lopsided schedule plus tactics being more defensive in league than Cups (and this is in an era when replays are dying out).

Comment

Thomas tuchel is on a staggering run of good luck when it comes to penalties. Chelsea really got away with it against man utd and liverpool, when they decided to temporarily suspend the handball rule, but it's hard to explain how VAR didn't even look at what were two fairly obvious penalties there tonight. Certainly that chelsea goal wasn't the sort of goal that they would have scored if Atletico had pulled level, or were even ahead.

One can only assume that the VAR is too busy at the amazing buffet that the sugar daddy club always put on, Munching away like shay given concentrating on his delicious steak.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      I wasn't being serious. Spurs were handed a horrific schedule and this (plus Mourinho's tactics) explains why they've scored more goals in games outside the EPL than within it (47 v 56).

In fact I wonder if any English club has passed 100 goals in a season with less than 50% being in the league. It suggests a lopsided schedule plus tactics being more defensive in league than Cups (and this is in an era when replays are dying out).
                                      Ah, I see - but we basically set ourselves up for this via last season’s performances. (Arse winning the FA Cup cemented things, of course.)

I’m not even sure those qualifying goals ’count’ in terms of player records.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                        Thomas tuchel is on a staggering run of good luck when it comes to penalties. Chelsea really got away with it against man utd and liverpool, when they decided to temporarily suspend the handball rule, but it's hard to explain how VAR didn't even look at what were two fairly obvious penalties there tonight. Certainly that chelsea goal wasn't the sort of goal that they would have scored if Atletico had pulled level, or were even ahead.

One can only assume that the VAR is too busy at the amazing buffet that the sugar daddy club always put on, Munching away like shay given concentrating on his delicious steak.

I bathe deliciously in your salty tears of rage.

Comment

I've got to say that watching luis suarez struggling so badly against premier league defenders, after taying waste to spanish defences, reminded me of Robbie Keane playing for Ireland in his LA galaxy days. Atletico really needed to get those penalties, they just didn't have the pace to really hurt chelsea. As for savic, well what an eejit. He got completely done by rudiger, but he only really had himself to blame.

Comment

I demand that the next round pairs Chelsea with PSG. I can't say which club I hate more, but Tuchel against the club that booted him out would be good fun.

Comment

As a team, as opposed to doped rich man's club, Chelsea seem more likeable than Atletico, and their football was more incisive. Atletico not quick enough on any part of the pitch.

Comment

Man City, Dortmund, Bayern Munich and PSG all in one half of the draw. Looking forward to Mo Salah's elbow bump with Sergio Ramos before the Real-Liverpool game.
                                                Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 19-03-2021, 18:34.

Comment

To see who hits the floor fastest, presumably.

Comment

Whoever it is, I'm sure Ramos will make sure Salah cushions his fall.

Happy with that draw. In a one-off game I reckon Liverpool could beat anyone, but over two legs they had to avoid Bayern, and probably Man City (although the possibility of a Pep tactical meltdown could always help out there).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X