Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thuram was on the bench last night

Comment

Wales and Turkey both took the knee yesterday.

Comment

And Belgium just now

Comment

Liam Rosenior was brilliant in the Guardian Today In Focus podcast today about taking the knee. He described Priti Patel's comments as sickening. Put him in charge of race matters in UK football someone.

Comment

As good a place as any for this

"Start Funding Hate"

[URL="https://twitter.com/girlyswotspider/status/1410162657198546955"]https://twitter.com/girlyswotspider/...62657198546955[/URL]

Comment

United in our decision’ – Team GB footballers to take knee at Olympics

Comment

So.

Posting racist material on social media could lead to a "lifetime ban" from England game?

Does that apply to posting on social media training your girlfriend's dog to raise a paw in a Roman salute in response to „Sieg Heil“ is "just a joke"?

Or in your lifetime appearing on television in blackface to mock the appearance of a black footballer?

Ah

But I'm being anti-Semitic, for pointing out racist behaviour someone who identifies as Jewish, aren't I?

No. I'm calling out racist behaviour in someone who's demonstrated racist behaviour - even if it was 25 years ago, that still falls within the span of a "lifetime"

Comment

What?

Comment

Nazi dog Fash is Scottish as well, Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                      Nazi dog Fash is Scottish as well, Guy.
                      Wasn't so much "fash gotta fash" that was my problem
                      ​​​​​​It's to be expected from the fash

it was more "fash being fash" is behaviour that can be simply dismissed that upset me.

Comment

Burnley, at the weekend

Sean Dyche outs himself as an apologist for racism

https://theathletic.com/news/dyche-s...GCN3TFXo?amp=1

"You can't control people's lives"

Yes you can, you control them by putting the racist scum (as referenced in the thread title) behind bars

Incitement to Racial Hatred is a criminal offence in this country, and a conviction can carry a custodial sentence

(Apologies to Snake for making your fans and manager the focus of this, frankly, it could have been any other club with a cadre of repugnant fans, and an unthinking and poorly advised club manager)

Last edited by Guy Profumo; 16-08-2021, 15:57.

Comment

It was about 10 people at the back of the upper tier of the JHU (I sit near the front of it) and was swiftly drowned out by cheers and applause. Basically, the cunts had to get it in before the players took the knee in order to avoid getting drowned out. There was plenty of shouts of "Fuck off" aimed at them as well.

Unfortunately, also in that same area the back of the JHU are the various reporters and other media.

Comment

I don't think Dyche is being an apologist for the racists but he seems to be saying that they are entitled to express an opinion, which is debatable in this case.

Comment

Indeed, would surely have been much easier to say that it was completely unacceptable and goes against the values of the club.

Comment

Has there been a formal reply from the club about this yet Snake?

Comment

No, and I wouldn't expect one. The club and players have repeatedly made statements and announcements and swiftly booted fans when they've made racist comments / statements / hired planes. The fans have spoken out, the various groups have spoken out and we've still got twats booing. Short of making any form of booing an ejectable offence, I'm not sure what else can realistically be done.

Comment

Danny Mills going massively up in my estimation. Very well said
                                    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1427934764271538181

Comment

Working...
                                    X