The Graham Mackrell memorial relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former chief scout Mr Eustace was made redundant four weeks after Sturrock left. He claims he was unfairly axed from his £20,000-a-year job.
    I think I may have identified a reason for Wednesday's trouble with signings. Is it a part-time job?

Comment

Probably, false economies and all that. At the moment it's a job being done by Laws and his assistant in between piloting us to Division 3.

Comment

So it wasn't a mis-print then? A chief scout really was paid £20,000 a year?!

Comment

I really don't know. What is the going rate for a chief scout (and don't anybody say 'bob a job')? Knowing the way our club is run (and judging by some of the signings we have made subsequently) then it's one of the areas they will have 'economised' on.

Comment

By-the-by, did anyone else see Laws more or less admit that his side are incapable of winning two matches in a row? To quote "We might have to rely on other people's results, but it's going to be very tight because I think it is going to go to the last game"

Comment

It bloody better go to the last game. The only way it could not would be if we went down this weekend (ie by losing and everyone else winning). We need it to go the last game.

Comment

In the Yorkshire Post this morning he is quoted:-

"If I can survive this I am going to take up the art of pushing water up hills because I would have achieved it..."
                I guess he is trying to say that it is an impossible task. You could have said that before I bought the ticket, Brian.

Comment

I think that's it for wednesday this year. Southampton to beat West brom on Monday and we'll be down before the last day.

Comment

Er, y'know.

I was (and still am) drunk.

but a Leon Clarke clincher? fucking hell.

Next week's gonna be brown trousers time. At least the pigs will have to play for something next week.

Comment

Morning Star reports from Filbert Way

Evening all. I was at the game, and Wednesday deserved the win for a solid second half performance as Leicester collapsed. Good finish by Clarke, although Leicester's emergency back two left him in about a hectare of space. Laws didn't need to quote the myth of Sisyphus afterwards, but Olly looks to be heading for a fall.

Camus would have kept out both awful penalties and all.

Comment

Janik: Next week's fixture at the Britannia must be a nightmare for you. Who are you supporting? Stoke to go up or Leicester to stay up?

Comment

Working...
                        X