Weekend watching thread - Sat 21 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend watching thread - Sat 21 Nov

Due to other teams getting Covid, Barry are on S4C for the second week in a row. 2.30 kick off today against Newtown at the glorious Parc Jenner in Barry.

Terrific comeback by Bournemouth against Reading in the live game on Sky.

Comment

I'll be watching the Mighty Dons returning to action at Rochdale, after our "circuit break" following a number of positive tests for covid-19.

Assuming iFollow lets me, that is.

Comment

I may try and make my iFollow debut for the Dale v Dons game too. It's the first time I've ever had the opportunity that I can recall, what with usually being at a game on a Saturday afternoon/Tuesday evening. Anything other than the 'Alien v Predator' option of England v Ireland in the rugby.

Wales v Georgia on Amazon/S4C at 5:15pm.
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-11-2020, 14:15.

Comment

If iFollow doesn't work your welcome to join me watching some Cymru Premier action, TonTon and Ray.

Seeing the dilapidation of Jenner Park on TV really makes me miss it. There's drizzle too. Pining.

Comment

Yay, we've got Cheryl reffing today.

Comment

I'm watching this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=Oi-0VIZTo6c

Usually the soundtrack to YouTube highlights reels are awful. Cheesy, generic Eyrodance shite. But this manages the rare feat of having a great player and a great song, much like the Cantona in France video with New Order's Temptation.

I've got four cheese-topped barms and half a gallon of homemade tomato and red pepper soup in the kitchen. Might spend all day eating soup, listening to 808 State, and watching videos of old fashioned wingers sit people on their arsenal for fun. Until 8pm, when I'll watch Ole Solskjaer's mighty reds smash/lose to WBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                Due to other teams getting Covid, Barry are on S4C for the second week in a row. 2.30 kick off today against Newtown at the glorious Parc Jenner in Barry.
                Cool. I'll stick that on.

I watched half of PSG vs Lyon in the Ligue 1 Feminine last night. It was 1-0 to PSG at half-time, and deservedly so. It was shaping up to be a good game, but I had to go out at that point. I've got the second half recorded to watch later today, so no-one tell me the score...

... a good chance that no-one on here knows anyway![/realism]

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                  Terrific comeback by Bournemouth against Reading in the live game on Sky.
                  Really enjoyable watch that. Highlights might not be such a fun watch for the Reading keeper after that last goal.

Comment

Ooh, good thing that I read Janik's post to the end

Comment

I've not seen my lot much this season, but there's nowt else to do so I'm watching them play Norwich.

Comment

We've got a new manager, so i could tune in to watch the modern day stylings of a high pressing, swift tiki taka passing rapier like attack. That's what it will be like won;t it? Oh his name? Tony Pulis.

Comment

Thanks for the offer, PT - iFollow seems to be behaving so far.

Comment

So the new rule is three subs during play, with two more allowed at half time.

Comment

Barry are on 3 yellow cards. All of them deserved.

Comment

Ooh. Barry hit the bar then Newtown force a save at the other end.

Comment

Nowt much here yet. I'm on the home commentary.

Comment

I'm listening to Doncaster Rovers v Sunderland... well, only really half listening, so may stick S4C on too

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                      We've got a new manager, so i could tune in to watch the modern day stylings of a high pressing, swift tiki taka passing rapier like attack. That's what it will be like won;t it? Oh his name? Tony Pulis.
                                      First red card of the Pulis era after 17 minutes

Edit: not sure Pulis can be blamed, unless he had specifically taken time in his first week to teach Windass how to do a karate kick in the neck
                                      Last edited by ad hoc; 21-11-2020, 15:49.

Comment

Nice work.

This isn't hugely gripping. We've had one shot, was never going to trouble the keeper.

The home commentator uses the "corner ball" expression.

Comment

Oh that should have been a goal for Barry

Comment

Half time.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                              Nice work.

This isn't hugely gripping. We've had one shot, was never going to trouble the keeper.

The home commentator uses the "corner ball" expression.
                                              Is there a particular reason for listening to the home commentary and how do you switch?

Comment

And a great save to deny Newtown

Comment

0-0 at half-time. Boro had most of the play. Norwich created the best scoring chance.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X