Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did that not go in?!

Comment

Very poor from Leicester so far. Passing has been at best average and distribution from the back awful. How Liverpool haven't matched their Boxing Day scoreline is down to pure luck.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! I'm broadly in agreement with you on the five subs issue, but you really must stop using the phrase "English exceptionalism" on every single occasion that you discuss it, no matter how much you enjoy writing it, partly because it's just infuriatingly repetitive but mainly because, as you yourself tend to point out in the very same posts, the prime motivation for the opposition is anti-big club sentiment, which is far from exclusive to this country.

Comment

Mind you, Liverpools squealing and appealing for every single challenge does them no favours. Jota has been brilliant and ripped us a new one, put that penalty claim was pathetic

Comment

Good header, that.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
              Looks like Keita has twanged summat in his thigh - can't say that's down to him being overplayed cos he hasn't had a run out for 6 weeks.
              Don't come in here and ruin things with your pesky facts. Or else I'll have to point out that Man City managed to get as many players booked for tactical fouls as they made substitutions.

Also: Thanks everyone for reminding me that for the first time in several years I have the opportunity to go to PL games on a regular basis and can't.

Comment

Ah fuck it, though Firmino deserved to score tonight. Very ordinary from Leicester tonight, very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  It is actually quite rare for posters here to attend Premier League matches
                  Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                  Yeah, I don't recall seeing much English top-flight action in the matchgoing threads.
                  There’s this ‘Premier League’ thread that you both appear to have missed.

Comment

Watched Napoli 1-3 Milan on the live scores app on my phone. Good game, Zlatan scored twice and is still a fearsome competitor.
                    All the players and officials wore a streak of red paint on the cheek as part of an anti-domestic violence thing, which was good to see.

Comment

Evra talks some pile of shite, mind.

Comment

Liverpools squealing and appealing for every single challenge does them no favours.
                        There was none of that from either side.

Comment

Zlatan may have done his hamstring with 20 minutes to go against Napoli

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

There was none of that from either side.
                            Jota's ludicrous claim for a penalty?

Comment

Leeds's players certainly sport a rich variety of shitty hairstyles.

Comment

So you've gone from:-

Liverpools squealing and appealing for every single challenge does them no favours.
                                To

Jota's ludicrous claim for a penalty?
                                So not squealing and appealing over every challenge then?
                                Just the one appeal that, from the comfort of my sofa admittedly, didn't appear to come with a high pitched noise of any description.
                                We'll overlook when Albrighton threw himself over clutching his face after failing to tackle Mane and even his own teammates ignored him. Because really it wasn't that sort of game and neither team were "squealing and appealing."

Comment

Originally posted by steviecowden View Post
                                  stayed overnight in thurso last night(
                                  I briefly thought that Thurso was your pet name for Thursday, and am disappointed that this is not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                    @TAB The funny thing is I started out agreeing with you on that other thread. But didn't agree enough or in the right way and you got all frothy.

I'm sure the altruism of the BRCs is all that motivates them. Geewillikers, I wish I could be less cynical and accept all their wonderful plans to save football.
                                    Focus on one thing at a time.. You are conflating the world wide move to help protect players from injury, with the proposals of the big clubs to take more of the tv money. They're not the same thing. Also you can't make your decisions about things on the basis of reaction. If you are going to be opposed to something just because big clubs are in favour of it, you are running the risk of getting your blood group tattooed on your face and start burning crosses, when they make a statement deploring racism.

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                    The Awesome Berbaslug!!! I'm broadly in agreement with you on the five subs issue, but you really must stop using the phrase "English exceptionalism" on every single occasion that you discuss it, no matter how much you enjoy writing it, partly because it's just infuriatingly repetitive but mainly because, as you yourself tend to point out in the very same posts, the prime motivation for the opposition is anti-big club sentiment, which is far from exclusive to this country.
                                    Perhaps, but It's only in exceptional england that anti big club sentiment, has manifested itself in an attempt to give muscle injuries to every player in the league by christmas That's what's exceptional, and it's uniquely english. But that's only part of it. For some reason the EFL was on this "Vingince bejaysus" bandwagon until this week, and there are no BRCs in the EFL. It's not just to do with big clubs. It's also that the culture of english football completely and totally ignores physical condition as a factor in football, and i'm not sure that is true of anywhere else.

And the point is this, thinking that national exceptionalism is a good enough reason to dismiss health and safety concerns, while actually using it as a stick to beat those you don't like, is how Gammons think. It's the same bullshit mode of thinking, but on a different subject. That should give people pause and lead them to ask the question, "when did I start thinking like a daily mail reader, and how did I get here?"

Comment

You made some good points about player safety, TAB. And if you had stuck to that and presented it shorn of all your point-scoring hyperbole the conversation would have gone very differently.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

I briefly thought that Thurso was your pet name for Thursday, and am disappointed that this is not the case.
                                        Not half as disappointed as I was to stay overnight in thurso

Comment

Working...
                                        X