Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam Bowen (son of Jason Bowen) spoons one over the bar

Comment

For a game with no fans it certainly looks and sounds like there are quite a few people at this Barry v Newtown fixture

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Is there a particular reason for listening to the home commentary and how do you switch?
        I'm not a fan of the Dons commentary style tbh. If you can get to settings down the bottom right, you can select.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

I'm not a fan of the Dons commentary style tbh. If you can get to settings down the bottom right, you can select.
          Yes, I'm not taken with the hospital radio feel of it either. May make the switch myself.

It's not a great experience though. Partly as I'm watching it on the ipad as it buffered horribly on the TV via a laptop.

With Wimbledon having no game next Saturday and (please, please, please, please) matches at some level back to attend the following weekend this is hopefully a one-off for me.

Comment

It's a pretty rotten ersatz football experience for sure.

Comment

That should have been 1-0 Dale

Comment

Boro penalty goal disallowed for 'doing a Zenden'.

Comment

As per the thread that discussed weirdo groundhoppers, the Barry game finishes as a non-tick.

Comment

Flicked over to Villa v Brighton on BT Sport

Comment

I was going to put on Final Score but it hasn't started yet. Soccer Saturday was an option. The BT version has Chris Sutton and Robbie Savage on so that can fuck off.

Comment

Norwich take the lead from ..... a penalty.

Comment

First decent cross of about ten in the final fifteen minutes of the game and Wimbledon get a 0-1 lead in the 92nd minute.

Comment

OMG we won. Scored in the second minute of added time. And managed to hold on to it for two minutes.

Comment

Norwich get the win they probably deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                First decent cross of about ten in the final fifteen minutes of the game and Wimbledon get a 0-1 lead in the 92nd minute.
                                ...and that's how it finishes after a game that had 0-0 written all over or from very early on.
                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-11-2020, 17:02.

Comment

Fucking hell. You barely have to watch any of a Premier League game to see an absolutely dipshit intervention by VAR.

Comment

Brighton get a VAR win.

Comment

Now onto Final Score. Newport just gone1-0 up in the 96th minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                                        For a game with no fans it certainly looks and sounds like there are quite a few people at this Barry v Newtown fixture
                                        That was my initial reaction as well. Then I remembered the lockdown in Wales ended a few days ago.

Comment

Ollie Palmer's late cameo appearance for The Dons was Akinfenwaesque, in a good way. Though yellow is the least flattering kit colour for the larger gentleman.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                            That was my initial reaction as well. Then I remembered the lockdown in Wales ended a few days ago.
                                            Fans still aren't allowed in. They've got mics near the benches.

Comment

Fuck. Shrewsbury concede in the 97th minute to go 1-2 behind.

Comment

Peterborough's goalscorer is called Frankie Kent, that's a 60s East End villain's name if ever I've heard one.

Comment

I've got a money saving plan for the authorities, in the event of any remotely questionable incident involving Villa, just give the decision in the opposition's favour. It saves time, and also the expense of getting all those cameras set up, links to the VAR centre, employing someone to 'review' the decisions and so on.
                                                  Put another way, VAR is shit, has been shit since it was brought in, and shows no indication that it will ever be anything other than shit. But I dare say someone's making money out of it. I imagine brown paper envelopes must also have changed hands at some stage to get this failed 'technology' introduced.

Comment

I'm not happy. Does it show?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X