Ten Best and Ten Worst Stadium Moves of the New-Build Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Sounds like it is a new system, which will invariably collapse under the first proper live load because you can’t accurately test these things.
    Especially if one doesn't bother trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
      Why is ticket scanning so hard in the UK? Used for 50,000+ crowds with no problems even here in WA.
      Its fine if you pay enough money for a proper system. Unfortunately many clubs don't and they don't invest in back-ups. When the scanning system fails, fans are left queuing outside grounds.

My team are playing Queens Park tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll get to the game so it would be a last minute decision on whether or not to travel as I've got things to do tomorrow morning. Queens Park are sharing with Thistle whilst their own ground is rebuilt. Thistle have scanners rather than human operated turnstiles. We've got the prospect of a game tomorrow with a crowd of less than 1000 being unable to take payments at the gate. There's no paper ticket office open on the day of the game. It's going to have to be a registration, smart phone app and e-ticket download for a game that'll attract less than 1,000 fans.

There's a very good argument for making it as easy as possible to go to a game of football on a Saturday afternoon. Particularly at a lower league level. In a lot of cases there are fans at lower league clubs who can't use e-ticketing. Lower league football is often the only accessible form of football for older fans or disabled fans.

Comment

Working...
      X