The ever-present players thread 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ever-present players thread 2020-21

A thread to celebrate those who play every minute. Goalkeepers have a head start here. League matches in general but added brownie points for cup appearances. We're only a few games in, but any possibilities among your clubs here for a full season?

Did any player in any league achieve full playing time last season? With rotations, it's hard these days.

Paul Lambert is attempting to use a more settled line-up and formation this season after a series of apparently random nonsensical selections last time. Nine games in there are still three players to have played every minute in the league - goalkeeper Tomas Holy, defender and captain Luke Chambers and midfielder Andre Dozzell. It's particularly notable in Dozzell's case, as he'd never previously played more than a handful of games consecutively. Not before time too. There are no ever-presents if you include the Cups because the last Football League Trophy team was basically the U18s/U23s.

Comment

Luton have managed 6 players so far - the keeper and entire back four (Simon Sluga, Martin Crainie, Rhys Norrington-Davies, Sonny Bradley & Matty Pearson) plus Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu. Crainie isn't first choice & Mpanzu one booking away from a suspension but the other 3 have a decent chance of going the season.

Matty Pearson was ever present in 18/19 and then the first 41 games of last season until he was dropped after losing 5-0 at home to Reading so managed 87 games in a row from the point he joined the club.

Comment

I think I heard Conor Coady discussed in this context recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
          A thread to celebrate those who play every minute. Goalkeepers have a head start here. League matches in general but added brownie points for cup appearances. We're only a few games in, but any possibilities among your clubs here for a full season?

Did any player in any league achieve full playing time last season? With rotations, it's hard these days.
          Harry Maguire played every minute of the Premier League season, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Harry Maguire played every minute of the Premier League season, I think.
            Yes, confirmed here:

https://www.90min.com/posts/the-15-p...-league-season

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
              Paul Lambert is attempting to use a more settled line-up and formation this season after a series of apparently random nonsensical selections last time. Nine games in there are still three players to have played every minute in the league - goalkeeper Tomas Holy, defender and captain Luke Chambers and midfielder Andre Dozzell. It's particularly notable in Dozzell's case, as he'd never previously played more than a handful of games consecutively. Not before time too. There are no ever-presents if you include the Cups because the last Football League Trophy team was basically the U18s/U23s.
              Dozzell was sent off at Sunderland on Tuesday, so he's gone.

Comment

Pope, Westwood, Taylor, McNeil and Long I think for Burnley this season.

Comment

VVD also did the full season so it seems he and Maguire were only BRC outfield players to do so.

Who was the last attacking player with a BRC to do a full season?
                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 06-11-2020, 13:46.

Comment

Not ever-presents but players with most minutes played in 2020. Any surprises?

https://football-observatory.com/IMG...2020/wp318/en/

Comment

Maguire has some compromising photos of Solksjaer.

Comment

Hah!

Lindelof is one who surprised me.

Comment

Working...
                        X