Non-league attendances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-league attendances

Apologies if this has been dealt with elsewhere, but I thought it was worth noting.

It seem clear now that at step three and below, at least in the Southern and Isthmian Leagues, attendances are up significantly. Matches that drew 300-400 spectators last season are now getting 600+. Hitchin Town's derby with Royston Town tomorrow, for example, is sold out despite Premier League matches being available on TV. It'll be interesting to see whether this level of interest sustains in coming weeks.

We've touched upon it in a few threads but it's certainly worth exploring in more depth.

Anecdotally, crowds appear to be up on their usual levels at all the games I've been to but I'd be interested if anyone has worked out what the % difference is through the pyramid. There are websites and twitter accounts that probably have enough raw data to do so, at least for tiers 7 to 11.

I think the good weather and preponderance of knockout ties across the three FA competitions in a relatively short space of time will have further boosted attendances but obviously tiers 1-6 being behind closed doors is by far the main factor.

Comment

Working...
    X