No announcement yet.

Thursday Night Is Football Night - Europa League 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to reviving Timothy- that's what bringing in a NI internationalist can do for confidence

Conor Hazard currently captains our U-21 side.Career highlight so far was our away win over eventual champions Spain, in which he saved a penalty

Comment

To me, the keeper's fist clearly bounces off the forward's head. Whether that is an unfortunate collision resulting from both going for the ball, or a red-card offense, is up for debate. But I do see fist to head contact.

Comment

All I’m seeing is the goalie punching the ball.

Comment

Something smiliar was awarded in the recent Albania vs Belarus Nations League group decider, when Belaus keeper Khatkevich punched the ball under a challenge from an Albanian, and a penalty was awarded. I expect we'll see coaches encouraging their players to get punched in the head in order to win penalties, or perhaps more likely pretend there has been contact.

Once upon a time the keepers always got the decision, they couldn't even be touched, but the times have changed...............

Comment

Draw for first KO round:-
            • Wolfsberger v Tottenham
            • Dynamo Kyiv v Club Brugge
            • Real Sociedad v Manchester United
            • Benfica v Arsenal
            • Red Star Belgrade v AC Milan
            • Royal Antwerp v Rangers
            • Slavia Prague v Leicester
            • Salzburg v Villarreal
            • Braga v Roma
            • Krasnodar v Dinamo Zagreb
            • Young Boys v Bayer Leverkusen
            • Molde v Hoffenheim
            • Granada v Napoli
            • Maccabi Tel-Aviv v Shakhtar Donetsk
            • Lille v Ajax
            • Olympiakos v PSV Eindhoven

Comment

Fair to say probably the strongest unseeded team Man United could have got, Arsenal would hardly welcome Benfica either given their form, but the Portuguese side are also struggling.

Comment

Given their current form, Arsenal would hardly welcome Benfleet

Comment

Have Man U ever been knocked out before the last 16 of this competition (or its predecessor)?

I suppose, technically, it might be a disadvantage for Leicester's Top 4 ambitions if they go further than Man U (assuming Arsenal are no longer in that frame).

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                    Have Man U ever been knocked out before the last 16 of this competition (or its predecessor)?

I suppose, technically, it might be a disadvantage for Leicester's Top 4 ambitions if they go further than Man U (assuming Arsenal are no longer in that frame).
                    There was the infamous Rotor Volgograd debacle in the very first round in 1995-96.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                      They've had five UEFA Cup campaigns in which they failed to reach the last 16:

1976-77 - lost to Juventus in last 32
                      1980-81 - lost to Widzew Lodz on away goals in last 64
                      1982-83 - lost to Valencia in last 64
                      1992-93 - lost to Torpedo Moscow on penalties in last 64
                      1995-96 - lost to Rotor Volgograd on away goals in last 64

Comment

I wonder if the Rotor Volgograd loss actually did them a favour that season, reducing the congestion.

Comment

[QUOTE=Diable Rouge;n2386971]Fair to say probably the strongest unseeded team Man United could have got,/QUOTE]

Yes, but Real Sociedad have been stumbling of late.

Comment

Working...
                          X