No announcement yet.

16-19 October, weekend armchair viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ref gave a penalty because he saw that the defender had two hands on batshuayi who went down. the defender is not allowed grab the forward like that, even if the ball is flying over their heads. VAR agreed that the defender indeed had grabbed the forward in a manner as highly visible as it was completely pointless. The Problem here isn't VAR, the problem here isn't the referee, the problem here isn't the rules. It's dozy defenders committing pointless fouls in the referee's eyeline.

Comment

Just how much are you being paid by the Lizard Rulers Of VAR?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
        The other was that we never found out what the deleted Man Utd tweet concerned
        something like "On the plus side we don't have to climb the 14 flights of stairs to the away section of St James Park. Where are you watching the game."

Essentially it fell foul of the convention that you must always refer to the absence of fans in the grounds with the tone of reverence and loss as though it were a thousand Aberfans, crossed with the death of princess Diana. It was a bit of an odd thing to write, and an odd thing for people to be getting that upset about.

Comment

Will Bale get the blame for Spurs collapse there?

One of the big banners that they've put over the empty seats there has "Can't Smile Without You' on it. Is that a Spurs song? I've never heard them sing it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
            VAR didn't give the penalty, the ref did.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

something like "On the plus side we don't have to climb the 14 flights of stairs to the away section of St James Park. Where are you watching the game."

Essentially it fell foul of the convention that you must always refer to the absence of fans in the grounds with the tone of reverence and loss as though it were a thousand Aberfans, crossed with the death of princess Diana. It was a bit of an odd thing to write, and an odd thing for people to be getting that upset about.
              Well the UK's already at 302 Aberfans.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Ta. Is that all? How disappointing. I thought it must at least be a celebration of Van Dyke's injury or a desire to piss on Cilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                  I actually see it as a really impressive piece of performance art. TAB channeling his debating society days and getting those adrenaline rushes as he takes on impossible positions and makes the case for them. It's genuinely a thing of beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

I actually see it as a really impressive piece of performance art. TAB channeling his debating society days and getting those adrenaline rushes as he takes on impossible positions and makes the case for them. It's genuinely a thing of beauty.
                    But VAR had nothing to do with this. The referee saw a player dragging out of another off the ball, and gave a penalty. VAR just confirmed that lamptey was dragging out of batshuayi. It was a very soft penalty to give away, but it was a stupid thing to do.

Comment

Bear in mind I haven't seen it nor do I care much. I am just enjoying your talents

Comment

Comment

He won't be able to see that, The Awesome Berbaslug!!! - it is geography restricted.

Comment

Working...
                          X