No announcement yet.

16-19 October, weekend armchair viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the fans rep talking at half time about the new shirt with fans names on. I'm still pissed off about how my name was displayed on the shirt. Macron say it was beyond their control, which I think is bollocks.

Comment

Barry have a goal ruled out for a foul on the keeper

Comment

I'd have given that Barry goal.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
          Well yeah. It was a two-footed scissor tackle. Would have been a red anywhere else on the pitch.
          See this is one of the problems with language. If you try and use words to describe it, you're going to be missing out on other essential aspects of the incident. For instance the use of "tackle" suggests a level of control that is extremely misleading. Much like the 'tackle' itself, I think you've got to be a bit less precise, and a bit more fluid. Would you accept "Tried to break an opponents leg with his bollocks."?

I see Richarlison gave it the full James McClean to get sent off. The way he ran into that tackle would have justified a red card even if he didn't make any contact. I must say that both sides managed a degree of rattiness that would have been impressive even if the stadium had been heaving. It's tricky to feel too much sympathy for van dijk after those two fouls on james. He could easily have had to go off. Rodriguez himself got super ratty, and having been booked, managed to get away with the book him gesture, but also throwing a massive full body strop when a free kick was given against him. If he hadn't already been booked, he would definitely have got a yellow card for that

I think to a certain extent what we saw today was something that we're not really used to for a little while. You had a more lenient application of the rules because it was a derby. Had the ref given van dijk the booking he was looking for at the start, then He would have spent the rest of the game being very careful, and everton would have spent the rest of the game trying to get him sent off, rather than thinking "Right, well that's apparently acceptable". You know, the sort of thinking that gave us the 2010 world cup final.
          Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 17-10-2020, 17:33.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
            I'd have given that Barry goal.

Comment

Hard to believe it's been 11v10 since the 2nd minute.

Comment

Pretty poor really.

Comment

Sounds like fireworks going off in the background. But it is Barry so small arms fire can't be ruled out.

Comment

Stupidity from the former Welsh international there. Second red card. Final whistle. Fucking awful match.

Comment

Straight red at the death for a Barry player kicking out in frustration .

FT 0-0 then. You've got to be a bit cross about that, if you're Barry.

Comment

(Sorry if you watched all that DCI Harry Batt )

Comment

Not all of it. But it was fine. I'm not really bothered about "quality" tbh.

I agree with the away manager that the first red was harsh.

Comment

Late goal from Alex Reid and we're 2-1 up...

Comment

I'm not really bothered about "quality" tbh.
                              Really?

Comment

I'm not sure if you're asking a question or being gently mocking. I prefer a good game to a bad game, but most football matches aren't that great and that's fine. I don't find an average Prem game more fun to watch than an average game at another level. I don't watch a lot of non-Wimbledon football, mind. But every now and then I fancy seeing a bit of "other".

Just spotted Dundee United V Aberdeen on BBC Alba.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  Barry Town just about to kick off on S4C. Anyone else tuning in?
                                  I saw the last six minutes - which was about 6 minutes too much.

Comment

It's not live, it seems. Showing whole matches, not live, is odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post
                                      Late goal from Alex Reid and we're 2-1 up...
                                      And that's how it ends after 8 minutes injury time, 4 wins in a row and top of the division.

Comment

I agree with the away manager that the first red was harsh.
                                        Yeah. Last season Barry had a man sent off for having the temerity to get kicked up in the air by one of Connahs Quay's six midfield enforcers so this fixture has a history of being ruined by red cards. Their manager is usually a wanker but I think he was right today when he said they were the better side with 10 men. Problem was after the sending off the ref didn't punish the spoiling fouls which is a key component of Connahs Quay's strategy, and I also think that's why he called foul on the keeper after the keeper jumped into a Barry player before the goal went in.

Comment

Anyone watching the Palace-Brighton game and can tell me what on earth that penalty was for?

Comment

Purported push on Batshuyai as the cross came in

Very widely thought to be extremely soft

Comment

What do VAR lovers think the point of VAR is, when bollocks like that gets confirmed?

Comment

To remedy obvious errors, which is how it works in functional countries like Germany

Comment

There was an obvious error, which was the ref giving a penalty.

Not that VAR isn't shit as an idea as well as in practice. But it's shit in this practice.

Comment

Two things have been lost, possibly among the debate about appropriate threads. So Jah may have a point. Anyway, one was my really funny response to Logan M's post about Thiago being kicked out of England. ("Hostile environment?" No? Tough crowd...)

The other was that we never found out what the deleted Man Utd tweet concerned. Guy Profumo - I'm all agog.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X