16-19 October, weekend armchair viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16-19 October, weekend armchair viewing

I reckon I'll be tuning in this weekend, yeah. At "home" to the Shrews. Are they any good these days? I remember going there in the cup and losing, years and years ago. That was horrible. The steward wanted my mate to transfer out of his wheelchair and be carried to a seat. Wanker.

Checking, they've had a bad start, three draws and a defeat. So fingers crossed.

I've not seen a "home" game at the Kyan Prince Foundation yet, so that'll be new. I hope iFollow is up to it.

Anyone else snuggling up on the sofa to watch bad football played in an empty stadium this weekend?

Possibly the Milan derby at Noon my time on Saturday but I tend to just watch the scores on the web, like old Ceefax days.

Comment

The ersatz football isn't a lot more engaging than hitting refresh on a web page.

Comment

Hoped to have watched Leicester versus Villa but its on PPV now, so fuck that.

Comment

Bohemians away to Dundalk on my phone tonight, trying to extend the inevitable ( a Rovers league title) for another week.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
            I've not seen a "home" game at the Kyan Prince Foundation yet, so that'll be new. I hope iFollow is up to it.

Anyone else snuggling up on the sofa to watch bad football played in an empty stadium this weekend?
            I'll be trying iFollow for the first time, as my other Saturday plans were cancelled. I've stumped up the tenner already so I actually commit to watching the match instead of finding something else to do. At the time of writing Carlisle are said to have offers in for three players ahead of the deadline so there could be even more new faces that I struggle to recognise on the stream.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
              Hoped to have watched Leicester versus Villa but its on PPV now, so fuck that.
              This, but for West Brom vs Burnley.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                Bohemians away to Dundalk on my phone tonight, trying to extend the inevitable ( a Rovers league title) for another week.
                Do you really watch a whole game of football on your phone?

Comment

As I now have BT Sport I might watch the Merseyside Derby. Will be rooting for Everton of course.

I haven't watched a Shrewsbury game on iFollow yet. Looking forward to DCI Harry Batt's review of the mighty Shrews afterwards.

I think Barry v Connahs Quay is the live game on Sgorio on Saturday evening. Barry were walloped 4-0 on Wednesday and need to bounce back but CQ are a tough opponent.

Comment

I wouldn't hold your breath on my review - I'm awful at such things. I will share my thoughts though. But it'll be "wow they're tall" or "their big bloke at the back is a wanker" or something.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Do you really watch a whole game of football on your phone?
                      Yeah, I haven't had a laptop in over a year so it does the job.

Comment

I'll probably watch Everton give Liverpool an absolute hiding. It's the early KO so there'll be plenty of weekend left to ruin.

I genuinely am trying to give less of a shit about all of it, but 40-odd years of learned behaviour are proving tricky to shift.

Comment

I tried (watching on my phone) for a bit the other week. Too small, couldn't be arsed.
                          Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 16-10-2020, 13:23.

Comment

hoping to get to a north caley game then home for the milan derby

Comment

Will be making use of my free* ifollow pass to watch Carlisle v Colchester. My last Carlisle match irl was a thoroughly miserable home defeat in this fixture in March and I'm not expecting this to be much jollier (although it should be 15 degrees warmer).

* it's not really free when I've shelled out 300 quid on a season ticket and this is what I get for my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

This, but for West Brom vs Burnley.
                                This, but for NUFC v Man Utd. Hell will freeze over before pay for game have already paid for.

Comment

Chesterfield away, on BT sport, which I have so it's free, then we play them again in the cup.

Comment

Yes, PPV has also scuppered my chances of watching West Brom v Burnley (Monday evening, I think) although I might see if it's on in a pub near me.

Will probably watch Real Madrid vs Cadiz but I'll only be able to see the second half.

Comment

I've bought my iFollow match pass for today's game, so now I'm committed (sunk cost fallacy).

Got to make it work on the telly though, can't be arsed with little screens.

Comment

York v Brackley, streaming free on YouTube at 3pm if anyone is truly desperate.

Comment

Football Focus is joking about the 'passion and rivalry' of the Old Firm game, with Dion Dublin laughing about having cups of piss thrown at him by Rangers fans, in comparison to the Merseyside derby, as though it's the same. It really isn't the same thing at all in Glasgow, is it.

Comment

Liverpool ahead within 3 minutes. Van Dyke clattered Rodriguez twice but has just been hammered by Pickford.

Comment

Can you not be booked/sent off for fouling a player who is offside?

Comment

Some football rules advice please - how does your victim being offside mean you don't get booked for clattering him?

Comment

I mean, I don't have much sympathy for Van Dyke given he'd fouled Rodriguez twice in the first two minutes but Pickford might have deserved a red card for that.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X