No announcement yet.

16-19 October, weekend armchair viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Although at least they didn't have to rewind the tape 15 minutes to rule it out, like in the FA Cup against Shrewsbury grumble grumble grumble)

Comment

But it was still fucking ridiculous.

Comment

Oh dear, Pickford. That offside is bloody ridiculous.

Pickford on the pitch. Liverpool denied van Dijk for 80 minutes..

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          DCI Harry Batt

Mrs Thistle just asked me who Shrewsbury were playing and when I said Wimbledon she said "Ooh, with the Wombles!' Do you actually have Wombles? (I feel I should know)
          The very lovely Katherine Parkinson admitted on Would I Lie To You that in a GCSE exam she gave 'womble' as an example of a mammal.

If Mane can't score with his arm, how can his arm being level = offside?

Comment

Enjoyed watching that though. Might get into this English Premier League lark

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post

The very lovely Katherine Parkinson admitted on Would I Lie To You that in a GCSE exam she gave 'womble' as an example of a mammal.
              Yes I've seen that. I'm just curious if Wimbledon play up the Wombles link

Comment

Everton have - and I will deliberately understate this - got away with one there. I guess we'll have to wait and see how bad Van Dijk's injury is.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                  Thiago is such a beautiful player. I'm just really worried he's going to get kicked out of England.
                  Hostile environment you mean?

Comment

I know you joined late, Toby but while he was on the pitch Virgil deliberately put two reducers on James Rodriguez and should probably have been booked for one of them.

Comment

Fair enough, and I'd question why he wasn't. Perhaps the standard of refereeing might have had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Yes I've seen that. I'm just curious if Wimbledon play up the Wombles link

Comment

I enjoyed that game. Four very good, very different goals, bit of controversy. As TRL said, not sure what Richarlison was moaning about. Div.

Hope VD and Thiago are OK, despite the former having attempted to kick James out of England. Looked like both sides had to pick one key opponent to remove before kick-off. Both chose well, but only Everton executed their game-plan.

Just as I was about to hit post, I'm seeing the Pickford/VD incident again. Could have smashed his knee. Walton agrees offside is irrelevant (though he seems to have taken until now to come to that opinion). I am seeing it in HD on a massive screen so maybe that's making it look worse, but it really did look horrible to me.

Comment

We do have our very own womble, by the name of Haydon.

(As I see someone has already shown you)

Comment

I thought Pickford’s challenge was a definite red. I’m not entirely sure what the amped up fool needs to do for Southgate to notice what a liability he is but I’d be very surprised if Ancelotti hasn’t.

Comment

Teams only just coming out, for some reason.

Comment

Oh Jesus there's fucking cardboard cutouts watching

Comment

So QPR has two different pitch entrances for teams.

Comment

Forgot to kneel.

Comment

Camera can't see the nearside left corner.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                          We do have our very own womble, by the name of Haydon.

(As I see someone has already shown you)
                                          Since Wombles are always named after places, is Heydon named after the one in Cambridgeshire or the one in Norfolk?

Comment

He's named for the road in Wimbledon.

Comment

Hmm not sure roads is canon

Comment

A soft header on goal from the Dons.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                  Hmm not sure roads is canon
                                                  Approved by Elizabeth Beresford herself.

Comment

Then I take it back.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X