Weekend armchair viewing, 9-12 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend armchair viewing, 9-12 October

I mean, I missed yesterday, I know, but there you go. Were there any games on? Did anyone watch them?

Today, I am thinking about watching us at Swindon. What say you? I thought I would try again sometime, and today seems as good a time as any. Has anyone managed to really get into it, this watching behind-closed-doors nonsense thing?

Anyone else planning to watch a game on telly this weekend? Or just thinking about it, like I am?

Spain vs Switzerland this evening, Oviedo - Sporting tomorrow.

Comment

I was only really interested in the play-offs, which were on Thursday. The Nations League just feels like friendlies* given that their contribution to World Cup qualifying is going to be minimal compared to their role in Euro 2020. The next internationals I will watch will be the play-off finals, then probably nothing until the finals (if they take place).

No Barnsley game so I have no skin in the league games.

*Or halfway between a friendly and a competitive international: an intermediate tier for this competition only.
      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 10-10-2020, 12:17.

Comment

Wealdstone are on telly at half five.

Comment

Stockport County v Dover Athletic, and no I haven't got into the inferior experience of it all, but as an exile I'm two games 'up', compared with the number of games I would've normally got to, so mixed feelings.

Comment

Farsley v York. A fiver for the stream and the quality is awful. As is the quality of the stream ho ho. There's no commentary though (although you can almost hear the Radio York commentator in the background), which is kind of refreshing.
            ​​

Comment

I totes lost track of time, and then it was a quarter after three and I hadn't bought my iFollow pass. So there you go, maybe next week. We do seem to be winning, and I'm told it looked offside.

Comment

Sean Newton gives York the lead. Apparently. The picture was frozen on a blank bit of grass from 10 seconds earlier.

Comment

Was the Gillingham game on some kind of telly telly, or did it just kick off early for the lolz?

Comment

Farsley stream takes a new surreal twist as the ref blows for half time and "Singing in the Rain" comes on at speaker-busting volume over the tannoy, one speaker of which must be right be the camera.

EDIT - ...followed immediately by a mariachi cover of "Just Want to Dance the Night Away"
                    Last edited by Jobi1; 10-10-2020, 14:55.

Comment

Do we have any Swindon here, by the way? Sorry that I can't remember, but I can't remember.

Comment

The camera now appears to have fallen over...

Comment

Sounds like it's worth every penny.

Comment

Is it a single camera job?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                              Is it a single camera job?
                              Not even entirely convinced it's a camera, possibly just someone's phone! They've given up on the streaming service now anyway and switched over to Facebook Live.

Comment

Sky are showing Liechtenstein v Gibraltar.

Now I'll watch just about anything but this is a step too far for me.

Comment

Wealdstone's away kit is very fine.

Comment

Eek!

Comment

Bit disturbed about the way this game is going.

Comment

By the way, the last time that the Stones were live on the telly was in 1949...

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                                          Sky are showing Liechtenstein v Gibraltar.

Now I'll watch just about anything but this is a step too far for me.
                                          Having said that, I've now found a stream for Dag & Red v Wealdstone. That's much better.

Comment

Is that grey and pink or lilac and pink?

Comment

Interesting that there's an advert at one end that says Boston in big letters. Surprised that D&R took it.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                                                Is that grey and pink or lilac and pink?
                                                Ask Caravan ​​​​​​...

Comment

Not losing at half time...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X