Gonersaurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    I'd always dismissed that whole 'ice-cream-van/kids'-hospital-room-poor-character-realisation'-axis as being controlled by people who just couldn't draw very well.
    To be fair, I wouldn't rule it out...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      There's a crowdfunder, there's always a crowdfunder

I can't help but find it quite sweet though.
      The link from that page to an article describing Gunnersaurus [Rex]'s creation is fantastic. The wedding story alone makes it – and to learn that the same guy was inside the costume from the very start.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
        Can't believe he hasn't gone to HSV.
        He probably realises HSV is where many promising talents have gone, only to die on their arses.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
          The link from that page to an article describing Gunnersaurus [Rex]'s creation is fantastic. The wedding story alone makes it – and to learn that the same guy was inside the costume from the very start.
          I hadn't seen that, thanks for pointing it out.

I think one of the reasons why this news has caused such an outcry amongst Arsenal fans is that the supporter who is inside Gunnersaurus (if you'll forgive the phrase) and his long term commitment to the role are well know

Comment

My best friend's parents used to live next door to Gunnersaurus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
              That's interesting. It hadn't occurred to me that this might be a copyright-circumventing move.

I'd always dismissed that whole 'ice-cream-van/kids'-hospital-room-poor-character-realisation'-axis as being controlled by people who just couldn't draw very well.
              I always wonder about those slightly freaky, slightly terrifying, not-quite-accurate character suits that people wear in tourist traps for the purpose of getting a few dollars/euros for posing for photos. A badly drawn character on a wall is one thing, but there must be a crap common supplier for these crap suits (unless they all make them themselves).

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                Any chance West Ham could pick him up on a free transfer and rename him Guvnorsaurus?
                Free agents go to Man Utd these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

He probably realises HSV is where many promising talents have gone, only to die on their arses.
                  See, I see it more as a one last payday thing...

Comment

He's not going to put Dino Hermann out on the street and doesn't work with a partner (other than Wenger)

Comment

Arsenal are a very impressive organization. Not done by their criticism for firing a bunch of staff in the summer, they try to fire their mascot on the same day as trying to get the Partey started.

I can't imagine the costs of keeping the mascot are anything significant and he generally is the most loved thing about Arsenal Football Club.

How idiotic. The ability to snatch bad press due to stupidity is becoming the new "1-0 to the Arsenal".

Comment

Sky Sports have just put on Instagram that Mesut Ozil has offered to cover Gunnersaurus' wages for the entire time that he (Ozil) remains at the club.

Comment

https://twitter.com/benfisherj/status/1313488803538120705

Comment

Hah, just saw Oezil's tweet and came to post it here too! I hope that gets Gunnersaurus reappointed. Mesut could cover the dinosaur's salary for a generation with about a week's worth of his wages.

Comment

Couldn't Ozil just be Gunnersaurus? Works well for all concerned - Arsenal make a cost saving, Ozil widens his skillset with his new roles and responsibilities, Gunnersaurus gets to maul Arteta if (when) things go badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                Haha, just found it after a bit of googling – it's actually from the subject of another recent thread on here, John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme.

John Finnemore is also a grand richer this morning.

https://twitter.com/unbounders/statu...22524668149760

Wins the "Cain's Jawbone" puzzle

Comment

That's fantastic! I notice from his Twitter that he's an occasional crossword-setter, which is presumably exactly the right kind of mind to solve an almost impossible 80-year-old murder mystery (where you have to work out who the victims are, let alone whodunnit) created by an Observer crossword-setter.

Comment

How it ended:

https://twitter.com/goulcher/status/1315608289124720640

Comment

He's baaaaaaaaaaack!

https://twitter.com/Gunnersaurus/status/1326177805567225857?s=20

Comment

Working...
                                      X