• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europa League Group Stages 2020-2021

Duldalk get Arsenal.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/draws/

Gutted for them if no fans can attend.

(Do we 'really' have to persist with this 'failure league' nonsense?)

Comment

Noted and amended.

Comment

Thanks. Sorry, don't mean to be a sourpuss - it's just become a bit repetitive, is all.

(None of this has anything to do with the fact that my lot are back in it, obviously...)

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          Duldalk get Arsenal.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/draws/

Gutted for them if no fans can attend.
          Definitely a bittersweet experience.... the surprise qualification has rescued a circus of a season, but there'll certainly not be any nice trips to London and Vienna, and it's hard tp know what kind of attendance we'll be allowed at the home games with Dublin currently in semi-lockdown. The saving grace is we have 2 of the 3 home games in the second 3-week burs of games in late Nov-early Dec, including Spurs in December.

I was lucky enough to blag a press pass for the playoff game against KI on Thursday. It was great to get to a game, but really, it's not football, playing in an empty stadium.

Comment

It's awful, isn't it? Leicester are going to that stadium in Braga but the fans won't be. It's not on the same level as last season's FA Cup where I half wanted City to get knocked out rather than finally get back to the final when fans couldn't go, but it really casts a big shadow over the whole thing.

BTW Satchmo, to answer your point in the other Europa league thread regarding games being more exciting as one-offs, that may be true but I always felt that two-legged games were important to the idea of continental competition for similar reasons - fans getting to go to other countries and places they never normally would to cheer for their teams. Can't help thinking that entrenchment of inequalities and the CL behemoth has chipped away at this idea too, with mostly the same pool of elite teams playing each other semi-regularly.

Comment

Working...
            X