No announcement yet.

personalised message from Peter s]Shilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scampi's the one you wanna watch out for - why do you think he wears that plaster on his face?

Comment

Scampi? Who's Scampi? Is Ramsbottom still around?

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
        Bloody hell, Matthew Corbett stopped Sooty duty TWENTY TWO years ago. Probably so relatively cheap due to reduced nostalgia value... who's Richard Cadell? Any relation to Simon?
        Richard Cadell bought the rights to Sooty to ensure it didn't get sold outside the UK and go all CGI like other kids' favourites have done, and he's kept it true to its roots ever since. He deserves a hearty Guzman.

Comment

That one where his whole family turned up was pretty chaotic.

Comment

Sweep was one of octuplets? News to me. (Matthew doesn't any too pleased about it, whatever.)

I think Scampi was something to do with Fingerbobs? Low-rent kids' television at its lowest-rent.

Comment

It looks more like the extended family Sweep to me because that's surely his parents bottom right with the American cousin directly in front of Matthew. There's always an American cousin.
              Last edited by Capybara; 30-09-2020, 09:32. Reason: getting left and right confused

Comment

Americans wear hats with corks on???

Comment

Yes, I thought that guy was probably Australian.

Take the point about the possible parents, however.

Comment

Fair enough. I hadn't spotted the corks.

Comment

You can watch it here if you'd like to know....
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwNZxW7kTs8&t=14m48s

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post

Richard Cadell bought the rights to Sooty to ensure it didn't get sold outside the UK and go all CGI like other kids' favourites have done, and he's kept it true to its roots ever since. He deserves a hearty Guzman.
                        That's nice.

Scampi is Sooty's nephew (they're always nephews, aren't they?), dressed up in full Angus Young schoolboy regalia and looks as though he's just finished scrapping against the whole fifth form.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

(they're always nephews, aren't they?)
                          Doo not go there.

I hadn't realised that personalised video messages are such an established thing. It's obviously easier than trudging off to sign photos at a fan convention so one can see how it might appeal to a wider range of names than the regulars on that circuit.

That list also throws new light on the discussion we had a while ago about people who can't pass on an earning opportunity despite already being richer than anyone ever really needs to be, Floyd Mayweather seeming a stand out example there.

Comment

Working...
                          X