personalised message from Peter s]Shilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personalised message from Peter s]Shilton

For some reason on my facebook page Peter Shilton has just popped up, sitting outside his shed offering the opportunity for a personalised message for just 229 pounds"as long as its sensible"

someone has commented beneath

Mentalist right wing nut job can go f. himself or Tina and he’s wasn’t one of our greatest keepers he just happened to be part of a poor England team, by 86 he was the weak link in a decent team and couldn’t out jump a fat druggy dwarf

I am willing to pay ?229 for Shilts to say "I love Guy Verhofstadt" whilst Beethoven's Ode To Joy plays in the background. On a kazoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2;n2350684someone has commented beneath

[QUOTE
      Mentalist right wing nut job can go f. himself or Tina and he’s wasn’t one of our greatest keepers he just happened to be part of a poor England team, by 86 he was the weak link in a decent team and couldn’t out jump a fat druggy dwarf
      [/QUOTE]

They forgot to mention that a goalkeeper younger than 83 might have been able to jump the two inches required to stop Parker deflecting Brehme's free kick in or be able to get slightly nearer to saving one of those German penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
        I am willing to pay ?229 for Shilts to say "I love Guy Verhofstadt" whilst Beethoven's Ode To Joy plays in the background. On a kazoo.
        That wouldn’t be “sensible”.

Comment

It's about as sensible as I get.

Comment

I'd pay for him to tweet 'I was wrong - Jacob Rees-Mogg is clearly an absolute bell-end of the highest order' to himself and Rees-Mogg. Which, of course, would be sensible.

Whatever, I hope he types it more accurately than this header.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

They forgot to mention that a goalkeeper younger than 83 might have been able to jump the two inches required to stop Parker deflecting Brehme's free kick in or be able to get slightly nearer to saving one of those German penalties.
              Possibly the last high-profile goalkeeper whose self-confessed penalty technique was waiting to see which way the ball was going and then diving in that direction, based on the logic of "if you dive the wrong way, you definitely won't save it". Some merit to that approach I guess, though possibly less so when the opposition are quite good at getting the ball to go close to the corners and you're at a stage of your career where you have the springing agility of a walrus.

Comment

229 quid seems a bit steep - here's a list of other celebs for comparison. At current exchange rates Shilton is (edit) more than Flavor Flav, and (edit) nearly 3 Lisa Loebs. Curiously though Samwise Gamgee charges more than Frodo.

I've seen indie musicians on Twitter offering messages during lockdown for 12-15 quid.
                Last edited by Walt Flanagans Dog; 28-09-2020, 11:48.

Comment

He appears not to have any expertise in demand and supply curves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                    I'd pay for him to tweet 'I was wrong - Jacob Rees-Mogg is clearly an absolute bell-end of the highest order' to himself and Rees-Mogg. Which, of course, would be sensible.

Whatever, I hope he types it more accurately than this header.
                    It was a typographical representation of Maradona’s Hand of God -(expressed by the square bracket) - outjumping the "S" of Shilton and reducing him to the lower case.
                    Last edited by Nefertiti2; 28-09-2020, 13:14.

Comment

$300 for a personal video from the Hoff? Tempting.

Comment

If we're setting market rates, I don't get out of bed for less than a fiver.

Comment

Give me a quid or a packet of Flamin' Hot Monster Munch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

It was a typographical representation of Maradona’s Hand of God -(expressed by the square bracket) - outjumping the "S" of Shilton and reducing him to the lower case.
                            Of course.

Comment

Shilton should have to reenact West Germany's 1990 semi-final goal in a Phoenix from the Flames video for what he's charging.

Comment

Sooty and Sweep are available from the same provider for 20 -30 quid

Comment

Wait, you can get a recorded message from Sooty? How can he personalise it? Or, indeed, convey a message at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                    Sooty and Sweep are available from the same provider for 20 -30 quid
                                    How does getting a personalised message from Sooty work.

Comment

Oh, beaten to it by VA.

Maybe they get Soo in to verbalise it.

Comment

Bye bye everyone, bye bye...

Comment

Even a message from Sweep would be open to multiple interpretations.

Suffice to say, probably not the best-conceived business idea.

Comment

Bloody hell, Matthew Corbett stopped Sooty duty TWENTY TWO years ago. Probably so relatively cheap due to reduced nostalgia value... who's Richard Cadell? Any relation to Simon?

Comment

Sweep is sound. One day I hope he batters that arrogant Sooty all over the park. Smug little wizard dickhead.

Comment

Shilton can fuck off an all.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                                  Sweep is sound. One day I hope he batters that arrogant Sooty all over the park. Smug little wizard dickhead.
                                                  Soo would wipe the floor with the pair of them.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X