No announcement yet.

Random pages from old programmes and stories behind them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow is usually in the shirt pocket, and red in the arse pocket, or am I living in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
      Yellow is usually in the shirt pocket, and red in the arse pocket, or am I living in the past.
      In the spirit of "Small Claims Court" on 6 Music, my brother used to know Ken Aston, who was credited with inventing red and yellow cards - apparently the idea came to him when sitting at traffic lights. If only he was still alive (Ken Aston, not my brother) we could get the question to him.

Speaking of whom (my brother, not Ken Aston)....

Comment

Completing the Workington Quadrilogy (although there may be more tales in the box), a game I didn't go to but my brother did, as he was living back in Workington at the time and I have never lived there. This is billed as a Lancashire Football League XI, which may give the impression that it is a select XI from the Lancashire Football League, but no, it is an XI from Lancashire based (in old money) clubs from the Football League. The special guest on this occasion was George Best.

Comment

A nod back to that Fort Lauderdale game, with a picture that is now making me doubt my notion that Bobby Charlton was thrilled to be turning out at Borough Park.

Comment

And that Lancashire team in full.

Comment

Actually one last family connection I've just spotted - ,my sister briefly went out with Workington number 9 Mark Dobie (who also played for Carlisle)

Comment

Workington WAG?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                  Workington WAG?
                  A G rather than W - she M'd a former Sheffield United youth player, as it happens.

Comment

Limerick v Torino in the Cup Winners Cup, 1971. Don't know why but I find the self-importance of the club secretary sticking his signature prominently on the cover quiet endearing. "This might be a glamour tie against a big Italian club but let's not forget who really does all the work around here!"

Last edited by seand; Yesterday, 10:44.

Comment

Nottingham Forest attempt to get hold of their ticket allocation for the 1980 European Cup Final.

Comment

From the St Pats v Slovan Bratislava programme in 96-7 UEFA Cup, a flyer for a trip to the away leg

Comment

Six nights for 360 or for an extra 9 you go for only two nights? I'd make an obvious joke there but I quite like Bratislava.

Comment

Not much difference between 2 and 6 nights.

Comment

telex ...

Comment

Trying to entertain yourself for 6 nights in Bratislava, in 1996, was a looooong time

Comment

Working...
                                X