Testing times - Weekend Matchgoing Sept 18-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attachments have never worked.

Have you tried using the full reply box and clicking the camera icon in the top left corner? That should work if he photo is on the same device.

Comment

Ok so I've registered with something called Imgur, I have a URL for my image but I'm now being told it's an invalid file??
      Last edited by Artificial Hipster; 18-09-2020, 17:01.

Comment

Zilina vs Slovan Bratislava on Sunday.

Slovan's EL defeat by KuPS Kuopio last night was hilarious. 48 more hours to enjoy it before they take their frustrations out on Zilina's teenage innocents. I fear something like 1-6.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          Attachments have never worked.

Have you tried using the full reply box and clicking the camera icon in the top left corner? That should work if he photo is on the same device.
          Bloody hell, how long has that been there for?!

I could have saved myself a lot of time buggering about with postimages.org to get a url for my photos before!

Comment

Artificial Hipster, if you have the Url, you need to click the "landscape" icon (third from the left in the bottom room between the paper clip with an X and the film strip). That will bring up a form, paste the url into the box, then uncheck the "remote images" box immediately below.

Comment

Yeah that's what I'm doing, with spectacularly unsuccessful results!

Comment

What is the extension (last three letters after the full stop)?

imgur should work, though there are some metworks and firewalls that block it from working properly

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/E3jKxzT

This is the whole link if that helps..

Comment

Comment

Comment

I think it must be your network or browser settings

Comment

Ok many thanks for taking the trouble.

The photo (which I was posting as a test rather than for it's artistic merit) is of Abbey Hey's Abbey Stadium taken this morning from the Fallowfield Loop, a cycle path following the route of a disused railway line in South Manchester. I've pencilled in a visit for a few weeks time.

Comment

Comment

Had to crop it to get under the file size limit but anyway it's great to be back. Not least as we're 2-0 up at half time.

Comment

Hesketh Bank 4 - 1 Milnthorpe Corinthians (West Lancs league division 1)

Home side went a goal down in the first half but I missed it whilst getting a sweatshirt out of the car after misjudging just how windy it would be on the edge of the Lancashire marshes.

I spent most of the game chatting to a lad from work who lives in the village, and we watched a great second half turnaround that saw 4 goals rattled in, two by substitutes who'd come on at HT. Slow drive home through Southport which was surprisingly chocka for the time of year. Think I may have wind burn.

Comment

Decided to give Wembley's Vase game a miss. Apparently they were expecting a number of fans from Wellingborough who I didn't want to socially distance from...

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                    Rather than pay ?10 to watch MK Dons v City, I think i'll venture out to Corinthian Casuals v Haringey Borough. Feel bit guilty not seeing Borough last season, apart from the ill-fated Woking.
                                    Super 2-1 away win for Borough, thoroughly deserved. I arrived at the ground about 5 minutes to kick off and had to join a queue as Casuals quite rightly wanted to contact details for track and trace. Thought Haringey were superior throughout, denied a penalty in the first half (perhaps a theatrical dive put the ref off, but seemed there was contact). Was goalless at half time and due to the queue to get into the Clubhouse, I didn't bother going for a pint, as nice as they looked. Borough on top at the beginning of the second and scored two in a space of five minutes, the second goal captured here https://twitter.com/_s_clark/status/1307359345789853702.

Casuals scored a late consolation and the ref seemed to play about five minutes of stoppage time for no reason, but they held on. I really need to familiarise myself with the squad and get back to going to home games (when I don't fancy watching the Imps on iFollow).

Some good pictures here, https://www.dewilewis.co.uk/p345805957. Unfortunately I left my camera behind.

Comment

Pumas 1-5 Evesham Robins - Ambassador Evesham Football League U10s.

I'm getting fed up of saying this and we're only three weeks in. We were fantastic for 3 quarters of the game, somehow found ourselves 2-1 down, hit the post 4 times, missed two one-on-ones and even had the keeper making a phenomenal save. Then, as always seems to be the case, with 3 mins and 50 secs of the game left (I checked my stopwatch), we go 3-1 down and our boys just gave up. They then conceded two more goals in the last few mins as they simply stopped running.

Chipping Sodbury Town 0-1 Bishop's Cleeve - FA Vase 1st Qualifying Round

After this morning's disappointment, and with my wife desperate for a break, I decided to take my 3 year old twins to their first ever football match. To be fair to them they were absolute angels, sat at a bench drawing and watching Paddington bear on the Ipad, allowing me to have a beer whilst chatting with my cousin and his wife.

Regarding the football, amazingly, my cousin's son started on the left of midfield and had a decent game. He was a bit nervous to start with, but about 5 mins in he got his first real run at the Sodbury defence and won a corner. He had a couple more runs and took corners from the right - every one he put in was very dangerous. 0-0 at half-time but Cleeve were bossing the game. The second half started in much the same vein, and Cleeve finally scored on 54 mins when their number 9 went through on goal and offered it on a plate for the number 7 to tap in from about 3 yards out. Kian was brought off on 60 mins, clearly exhausted having played 90 mins on Thursday evening before making his debut in men's football today. After a few more subs were made, Sodbury did get back into the game, but the Cleeve keeper was never tested and Sodbury nearly got caught on the counter a few times.

All in all, a decent game of football, and I was just happy to see some live football again for the first time in 6 months without the stress of loads of 9 year olds screaming around me.

Comment

Isthmian League South East Division. Hastings Town 0-0 Cray Valley Paper Mills.

Cray Valley got the draw that initially they came for, that was until the Hastings number 8 got sent off for apparently stamping on a Cray Valley player with an hour to go. They seemed a bit keener on going forward after that.

Comment

Not sure about the new badge, not that they had any for sale. A running theme this season is that they're on order but haven't turned up yet.

Comment

The guanaco was otherwise engaged:

https://twitter.com/James_Dart/status/1307403090363133961

Comment

Thame United 3-0 Bedford Town

My first live game for over 6 months, and hopefully there will be more and there isn't another lockdown.......

Football at this level with crowds below 200 feels safe and it is easy to social distance if you want to.

I am not able to upload pictures, so if anyone wants to see a few and read a fuller report it is here......
                                              https://fatbearssportingdiaries.blog...n-att-178.html

Comment

Avro FC 1-0 Bottesford Town FA Vase 1st Qualifying Round

The Vestacare Stadium will never be a magnet for artists. Having long outlived the factory that gave them their name, Avro were finally forced to vacate their original home in 2017 and moved a few miles up the road to a ground which previously hosted Oldham Roughyeds RLFC. Although they’ve developed the ground, laying a 3G pitch and bringing in 300 seats from Warrington RLFC’s Wilderspool, the effect is still that of the family who moved in a hurry and dumped all their belongings in the front room for organising later, a task which they’ve yet to get around to. Everything at the Vestacare is one side of the half way line. The rest of the ground is a wasteland.

1 scrappy goal – poached to perfection by the Bombadiers’ no.9 - was enough to give the home side the victory they deserved if only for their first half dominance. 3 times the woodwork saved Bottesford, who themselves were only denied an equaliser by an offside flag, in a game that will remain in the memory chiefly for being the sweariest occasion I have ever attended in my life. The Avro team were led by the example of their Sergeant Major of a manager. “You fucking arseholes!” was only the first of a torrent of insults he barked at his players throughout the afternoon, and this only in the warm up.

Comment

Hadley 2 Hadleigh United 0
                                                  FA Vase, First Round Qualifying

The first El Hadlico was very enjoyable. Hadley have got a really nice set up, the ground and clubhouse are much more presentable than a lot at this level. The crowd of 150 seemed a good one on another blistering hot afternoon.

The game was settled in a couple of minutes around the half hour mark when the home left back twice rampaged down the touchline putting in one cross that the keeper flapped to the feet of an onrushing forward then another which clipped off his marker and looped in to the net at the far post.

The Bricks continued to dominate the game without adding to the scoreline and the second half became very stop-start with a sin-binning for the hosts and a red card for the visitors being the most notable incidents.

All watched by the most attentive #nonleaguedog I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
                                                    Avro FC 1-0 Bottesford Town FA Vase 1st Qualifying Round

The Vestacare Stadium will never be a magnet for artists. Having long outlived the factory that gave them their name, Avro were finally forced to vacate their original home in 2017 and moved a few miles up the road to a ground which previously hosted Oldham Roughyeds RLFC. Although they’ve developed the ground, laying a 3G pitch and bringing in 300 seats from Warrington RLFC’s Wilderspool, the effect is still that of the family who moved in a hurry and dumped all their belongings in the front room for organising later, a task which they’ve yet to get around to. Everything at the Vestacare is one side of the half way line. The rest of the ground is a wasteland.

1 scrappy goal – poached to perfection by the Bombadiers’ no.9 - was enough to give the home side the victory they deserved if only for their first half dominance. 3 times the woodwork saved Bottesford, who themselves were only denied an equaliser by an offside flag, in a game that will remain in the memory chiefly for being the sweariest occasion I have ever attended in my life. The Avro team were led by the example of their Sergeant Major of a manager. “You fucking arseholes!” was only the first of a torrent of insults he barked at his players throughout the afternoon, and this only in the warm up.
                                                    Oldham Rugby League seem to spend every other year at the Vestacare as it’s not, for some strange reason, up to the standards of tier two Rugby League and with Oldham seeming to bounce between tier two and three annually, they seem to be between homes almost.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X