Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So are we having weekend armchair threads this season or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    According to this piece quoting club officials, each club gets to keep the proceeds from the Ifollow "tickets" it sells

https://www.tottonline.co.uk/efl-clu...-split-evenly/
    I'm not sure when that article is from (it mentions 2019/20 in it) but the Colchester chairman has released a statement today confirming that clubs will keep all revenue of matches streamed through their own website, and up to 500 fans from the away team's site. Anything above that goes to the away team. So Bolton actually made more money out of their away game at Colchester last Saturday than Colchester did because they had just under 2,000 subscribe, where Colchester only got 900 or so.

Comment

That statement is here :

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1308140568610996225?s=21

Comment

Anyone watching the European Super Cupl? I've just got in and turned it on.

A 20,000 crowd allowed (controversially so) in Budapest but as the vast majority are local neutrals so not creating much atmosphere.

I was offered a ticket and briefly pondered the trip but was worried (rightfully, it turns out) about the infection rate there and likelihood of Hungary being added to the UK quarantine list. Not sure I'm missing much.
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 24-09-2020, 21:16.

Comment

The European Super Cup is (absurdly) playing extra time rather than going straight to pens after 90 minutes, so that's 30 minutes extra exposure to COVID for the fans there.

Comment

Weird that mear the end of the ninety minutes Neuer made what was a match-saving stop from a Sevilla breakaway and was holding his hand up looking for some kind of congratulations from his teammates only to be completely ignored.

Do all the other Bayern players think he's a dick too then?

Comment

Flint Town v Barry Town live on S4C right now folks.

Comment

The Town United derby...

Comment

Now 3-1.

West Brom Chelsea, not Flint Town vs Barry Town which is 0-0 at half time.
                  Last edited by Jon; 26-09-2020, 17:45.

Comment

(There’s a concurrent PL thread if it makes things clearer...)

Comment

I watched our friendly away at Notts County yesterday which was streamed for free on Notts' YouTube channel (it had been due to be a test event with 1,000 fans in). A resounding and very encouraging 3-0 win. I managed to miss all 3 York goals though – the first two because I popped out of the room for 5 minutes to hang the washing up and didn't take my tablet with me and the third because my attention was drawn away by something interesting happening in the women's cricket, which I had on the TV. Multi-screening when one of the games doesn't have replays is a bit tricky!

Comment

Not altogether convincing from York so far in Warrington, home team definitely could have had a goal or too. Got some classic early FA Cup broadcast tropes though - cameraman constantly having to wipe the lens with a dishcloth and the commentator sounds like he's in the toilet.

Comment

I've not summoned up whatever it is I'd need to summon up to try the streaming thing again. Good luck to all who are though.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                            I've not summoned up whatever it is I'd need to summon up to try the streaming thing again. Good luck to all who are though.
                            The husband has got the Hull game up easily enough, although he's been relegated to a laptop and headphones due to the rarity of my crap team being broadcast giving me TV priority privilege.

Comment

It was a combo of the failure to be able to get it onto my telly in the second half, and the fact that watching football alone on tv while there's no-one in the stadium just didn't feel like it had much connection with football, for me.

Sounds like the stream has been poor and has now gone, for our game, mind.

Comment

Rylands put a penalty onto the post. Eek.

Comment

Full time and a somewhat fortuitous win for York. Not a game that will live long in the memory.

Comment

And Darlo win a penalty shoot out.

After missing first one, and then onto sudeden death.

Huzzah!

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                                      Not altogether convincing from York so far in Warrington, home team definitely could have had a goal or too. Got some classic early FA Cup broadcast tropes though - cameraman constantly having to wipe the lens with a dishcloth and the commentator sounds like he's in the toilet.
                                      In the toilets at Rylands there is one of those sponsor boards used as a background for interviews, so it could well be that all of the clubs media facilities are in there.

Comment

Working...
                                      X