Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jwdd27
    replied
    I'd missed that Tomori had been loaned to Milan by Chelsea. His goal could be crucial as it gives Milan the edge on head-to-head which is first tie-breaker if level on points (Juve won the reverse fixture 3-1).

Leave a comment:

• Sixmartletsandaseagull
    replied
    After an error strewn first half long on effort and misplaced passes/poor decision-making and so very short on quality (bar super Diaz finish just before the end of the first half) a young and vibrant Milan run out classy 3-0 winners at Juve (Kessie misses pen too). Last time Milan won 3-0 at Juve (at the Olimpico in 2010) Juve fans set the seats on fire. Pioli and his team really deserve CL imo, while Pirlo, Agnelli and Nedved and Paratici and this Juve team really really don't.

Leave a comment:

• Sixmartletsandaseagull
    replied
    It's quite possible both Juve and Milan will make CL. 2-5th separated by one point, although Napoli have played a game more until today's games. I haven't had a look at the remaining fixtures, but some big excitement at top and bottom of league (last relegation place) til the end likely, which is always good.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Lazio losing is a bit of a disaster. Only one of those two teams is likely to miss out

Leave a comment:

• Sixmartletsandaseagull
    replied
    Huge day in the race for CL places today. Napoli won well yesterday and Atalanta "should" beat Parma, so Juve Milan is quite enormous.

Leave a comment:

• Sixmartletsandaseagull
    replied
    Originally posted by Gert from the Well View Post
    Interestingly Milan's transfer policy is long-term, buying young players whose value is likely to increase, whether this will hold his interest in another matter
    Young Milan + Ibra under Pioli has been one of my very favourite things from this season's serie A

Leave a comment:

• Sixmartletsandaseagull
    replied
    Originally posted by George View Post
    Juventus missing out on the Champions League is a delicious prospect, although one not helped by Napoli's draw this afternoon. Two of their remaining five games involve the Milanese clubs travelling to Turin.
    Juve a mess this season and could well miss out, especially with Inter and Milan to play. Although Ronaldo, as shown in last 5 of another terrible performance in Udine, might drag Juve there.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Gazidis can build a competitive team give the resources he has available.

The question is whether Singer and his investors will be willing to afford him the requisite time or decide that they can get better a return by deploying the capital elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Interestingly Milan's transfer policy is long-term, buying young players whose value is likely to increase, whether this will hold his interest in another matter

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Milan's problem is that Elliott have absolutely zero interest in owning a football club even in the medium term

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Inter still have financial issues, the owners had to borrow heavily to generate enough cash to see then through the season. Milan seem a lot more stable, but failure to make the Champions league could lead to a few key players leaving.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Worse than that, as the ownership turmoil has caused lasting damage at both clubs

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    For the Milan clubs time seems to stopped between 2012 and 2020.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Juve losing to Udinese early.

Inter are now one title away from a second star.

I remember that being seen as imminent when we left more than a decade ago.

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Juventus missing out on the Champions League is a delicious prospect, although one not helped by Napoli's draw this afternoon. Two of their remaining five games involve the Milanese clubs travelling to Turin.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Gert from the Well View Post
    Atalanta's draw with Sassuolo means Inter win the league with four games to spare. Cagliari's last minute equalizer at Napoli means that second to sixth are separated by 5 points (three if Lazio win their game in hand). At the bottom it's just as tight with 5 points between thirteenth and eighteenth.
    Those two draws are annoying. we needed napoli and atalanta to win to put the pressure on both milan and juve.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Torino are like the Godfather " every time I think I'm out, they drag me back in " . Two games in hand, but we've got to start winning a few.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Atalanta's draw with Sassuolo means Inter win the league with four games to spare. Cagliari's last minute equalizer at Napoli means that second to sixth are separated by 5 points (three if Lazio win their game in hand). At the bottom it's just as tight with 5 points between thirteenth and eighteenth.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Napoli take the pitch to "go west" by the pet shop boys. I'll never understand ultra toxic masculinity culture

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post
    Just had a quick coffee with my friend from Naples, and commented to him that it was good at last that a team other than Juve were going to win the league. But he hated Inter as mucgh as the Turin club, I suggested that Atalanta winning the league would have been nice, at which point he went on a semi rant about Antonio Percassi. Lazio were beyond the pale, Milan scarcely any better, Sampdoria dismissed out of hand, Fiorentina barely fit to be spoken of, I was beginning to think it was a north vs south problem, but Cagliari, Benevento and Crotone were not to his taste either..

Only Torino and Genoa seemed to escape ridicule, indifference or outright hate.

Sounds like an ideal recruit for OTF.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Just had a quick coffee with my friend from Naples, and commented to him that it was good at last that a team other than Juve were going to win the league. But he hated Inter as mucgh as the Turin club, I suggested that Atalanta winning the league would have been nice, at which point he went on a semi rant about Antonio Percassi. Lazio were beyond the pale, Milan scarcely any better, Sampdoria dismissed out of hand, Fiorentina barely fit to be spoken of, I was beginning to think it was a north vs south problem, but Cagliari, Benevento and Crotone were not to his taste either..

Only Torino and Genoa seemed to escape ridicule, indifference or outright hate.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Torino lose unsurprisingly at home to Napoli, with Cagliari's upturn in form, another gap from the bottom three has vanished. The only good thing is that a few other clubs, Benevento, Spezia and even Fiorentina have been dragged into it.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Juventus have been in relative decline for a number of years, with a transfer policy that has left there midfield second-best. It's all very well spending money of Ronaldo and promising young attackers like Chiesa, but then having to rely on disappointing high wage free transfers such as Ramsey and Rabiot to fill the holes in the midfield. Plus Pirlo is too inexperienced to paper over the cracks like Sari and Allegri did before him. Milan have finally come out of their 2014-2019 slump but have a very young team that is too reliant on Ibrahimovich. Inter have a big squad, with a lot of quality in depth and Conte knows what he is doing. They can be prosaic but they are very effective. Atalanta are probably the best footballing team but do not have the budget to push on and win the title and Napoli have never replaced Sari properly.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    How have Inter become the best side in the league? Juventus put too many eggs in the Ronaldo basket? Milan reverting to their customary shitness of recent seasons?

Presumably Inter will again fail to convert this into Champions League progress next season?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The last 15 minutes were one way traffic for Sassuolo. They could easily have scored another.

Inter now lead their derby rival by nine points and have a game in hand (at Spezia later tonight) Atalanta can leapfrog Milan into second if they win at Roma tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X