Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danielmak
    replied
    Oddly Roma's defense continues to shine this season and now the problem is scoring goals across Europa and the league. Sunday saw a good result against Fiorentina (2-0). The first Roma goal was a lot of luck as bad passes took lucky bounces and Roma scored. The second goal was much better with Mikhitarian sending a perfect cross through the six yard box and Pedro tapping it in. Fiorentina never really troubled Roma at the back. I don't remember more than a couple shots and then when Fiorentina went down to 10 men very late, that was that.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Excellent and surprising 2-0 win by Sassuolo at Napoli.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
    So the BBC league table is messing with my head- have Napoli been docked a point..?

played 5, won 4, points...11?!
    It's all a bit complicated they were docked a point for refusing to travel to Juventus due to two players having Covid-19, with Juventus awarded a 3-0 walkover. According to the leagues rules they should have played as games can only be cancelled if the team has less than 13 fit players. however they were advised by the local government not to travel. So this will go to appeal so at present the league standings are all up in the air.

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    So the BBC league table is messing with my head- have Napoli been docked a point..?

played 5, won 4, points...11?!

Leave a comment:

• danielmak
    replied
    Originally posted by Gert from the Well View Post
    Ibra brace, two velvet-soft penalties and a 3-3 draw, Great game with abysmal refereeing and defending.
    I listened more than watched. It seemed like Roma's awarded penalty was a mistake. ESPN announcers talked about the ref not going to VAR, which is odd. Those early goals in each half should be a serious concern. Basically the team wasn't ready to play.

I posted last time, that Roma has looked good against teams that won't compete for runner up spots to Juve and will probably struggle against the other pretenders. And here we go. This was the first Milan game I saw (as much as I did see) and they didn't look that great, which means Roma don't look that great either.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Ibra brace, two velvet-soft penalties and a 3-3 draw, Great game with abysmal refereeing and defending.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    As with the first half Roma concede two minutes into the restart - maybe a side-effect of putting the clocks back at the weekend?

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    1-1 after 15 minutes, with both veteran strikers scoring (Ibrahimovic and Dzeko).

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Loads of metal tracks playing at the San Siro before AC Milan - Roma, including 'Highway to Hell'

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Like with the Lazio game that was another excellent team performance against a team who I would normally expect to beat us even when they're having an off-day. Despite probably being the second and third best defenders at the club (behind Colley) Tonelli and Yoshida are looking to be building a very impressive partnership, mixing the strength of the former and the anticipation of the later. Ranieri's decision to start with a winger in midfield has transformed the midfield from last season, no longer prosaic we have in Candreva and Damsgaard players are real quality going forward. The icing on the cake was Quagliarella's fourth goal in as many starts. Sod a tenth place finish I going for ninth.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Samp win 3-1 away at Atalanta, I may need a beer.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    "I'd rather lose 4-5 than daw 0-0", Zemen.

Torino have the joint top-scorer in Belotti, level with Caputo. There problem is defending not scoring with 7 goals in 4 games.
    Last edited by Gert from the Well; 24-10-2020, 10:54.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Scoring 3 against Torino hasn't been much of a problem in recent times, it's conceding 3 is the worry.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Last night in a fog bound stadium Sassoulo staged a late comeback to draw 3-3 with Torino. Sassoulo have played 5 games, scoring 16 and conceding 9. Not since Zemen's Foggia has Serie A seen such a commitment to such high-risk football.

Leave a comment:

• danielmak
    replied
    Pastore!!!! This idiot will appear three times for Roma total, will score 1 magical goal, and will be hurt again. The thing is that he had what 2 (?) good seasons with Palermo, maybe 1 with PSG, and that is it. There was no track record there to think he could turn it around. Dzeko at least was excellent for multiple seasons with Wolfsburg, was always good with the national team, and only sucked at City. Of course, Roma took a chance but at least there was a track record.

I don't love the signings of Pedro and Mikhitarian because both are older but at least both consistently contributed to their sides. And Mikhitarian provides some levels of #10 skills. He was amazing with Dortmund and there is still some level of magic that happens with him. But Pastore to be sucking up that much salary was and remains ridiculous when Roma is not a club that has recently been able to compete with Juve, Inter, Napoli, or Milan when it comes to payroll.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Because they have been doing it that way since you made some sense

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    So it's the smallest possible number you can print for their salaries? Why would you construct a table in this way?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The figures are net and exclude image rights deals

Leave a comment:

replied
    Gotta say I'm finding it extremely hard to believe that lukaku and Erikssen are on ?135k a week.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    This year's salary report from la Gazzetta (I have the other clubs if anyone is interested)

Leave a comment:

• danielmak
    replied
    Roma hit early in both halves but score 5 and could have had more. Final score 5-2. Looking good against the minnows for the most part so we'll see what happens when they start playing top of the table sides.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    The very same.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

Hanging on to Veretout (against interest from Napoli) would help in that regard. He seems to be just about the best finisher at Roma. The trio of him, Rodriguez and Mkhitaryan is rather tasty on its day.

Could Roma play a 4-2-3-1 to get him further forward?
    Wait, is that the veretout who turned up at villa as a young fella?

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Samp 3 - Lazio 0

Only the second home win against them in 17 years!!!
    An excellent performance, albeit against an injury weakened team, but completely convincing. After two games I was expecting a relegation struggle, after 4 I'm dreaming of 10th.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Napoli believe that they have a case, which is one of the reasons why a decision has yet to be made

Leave a comment:

Working...
X